Selling an item on UKW

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam_1

Reaction score
Hi people of ukw, I’m just checking on a location to post an item I have for sale within the ukw forum site. I have read a few posts regarding selling and checked the group rules however just wondering where to list my item? Er!! Any simple advice wouldn’t go amiss. The item for reference is my Festool Insulation cutter set. Once I know where best to post in ukw I can upload my photos, price etc. thx for now. A

I believe you have to have a minimum post count to see the for sale section. It is intended for existing forum members as opposed to people purely joining to sell items.

The rules for selling are
  1. Sellers must have 25 posts to create a listing here.
  2. All items must be directly related to UKW-specific topics (excluding the General Chat forum). No DVD, telescope, vehicles, etc.
  3. Items listed should be properly described and include a fixed price as well as a reasonably precise (within reason) location for collection or delivery purposes. Images are required.
  4. Sellers cannot use this forum for any commercial or advertising purposes. On a one off basis, at the discretion of moderators, members may be able to list surplus items from a larger purchase.
  5. This site does not accept responsibility for any issues that may arise through the sale or free offering of an item. As in any sale of this nature members are advised to take the usual precautions. Caveat emptor.
  6. New members will not be able to send PM’s regarding posts in this section until their post count exceeds 3. If required reply directly in the thread.
  7. Any posts that are seen as inappropriate or unsuitable will be removed. Unhelpful or critical replies to posts will not be tolerated.
  8. The above rules and guidance may be amended at any time.

hope posting the rules here is ok @MikeK ?

The rules for selling are
  1. Sellers must have 25 posts to create a listing here.
  2. All items must be directly related to UKW-specific topics (excluding the General Chat forum). No DVD, telescope, vehicles, etc.
  3. Items listed should be properly described and include a fixed price as well as a reasonably precise (within reason) location for collection or delivery purposes. Images are required.
  4. Sellers cannot use this forum for any commercial or advertising purposes. On a one off basis, at the discretion of moderators, members may be able to list surplus items from a larger purchase.
  5. This site does not accept responsibility for any issues that may arise through the sale or free offering of an item. As in any sale of this nature members are advised to take the usual precautions. Caveat emptor.
  6. New members will not be able to send PM’s regarding posts in this section until their post count exceeds 3. If required reply directly in the thread.
  7. Any posts that are seen as inappropriate or unsuitable will be removed. Unhelpful or critical replies to posts will not be tolerated.
  8. The above rules and guidance may be amended at any time.

hope posting the rules here is ok @MikeK ?

Thanks for explaining, I hadn’t joined to intentionally sell anything on the forum I hadn’t realised you could do that! Only after reading the this mornings threads regarding the bay did it occur to me that this may assist in selling on my equipment no longer needed. I originally came to the forums looking for information on Fobco drilling machines, I can can confirm I was glad I found ukw. Cheers for now.

I wasn't suggesting you joined just to sell, merely pointing out why the rules are in place.

So welcome to the forum, and I hope you get as much out of it as I do - there is such a wealth of information on here.

I wasn't suggesting you joined just to sell, merely pointing out why the rules are in place.

So welcome to the forum, and I hope you get as much out of it as I do - there is such a wealth of information on here.
Correct and thanks for pointing this out to me, I appreciate this fezman.

Back