Self build table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, concrete isnt my thing, and I like steel, I feel safer. But its all on hold right now, some little person here just conned me for a new bike, mind you it was my own fault, I opened my mouth to him and said if you can ride your old bike without the stabilisisers without falling of more than 3 times I will buy you a new one. So in true kids fashion he did just that and then said "you get big pennies today daddy, can I have a green one today" well only green one I could find was £80 and too small so I had to go buy him a silver 20" from halfords. As I paid for it I made a mental note never ever too say such things to my kids again. So next chance I get will be 2 weeks from now.

Yeah Momo, that rings a bell, got memories like Elephants when it suits them!

Roy.

I know what you mean

kids never forget things, there like elephants :lol: :lol:

But about your table saw

you can still plan things, make mental notes, source materials etc etc

things like that take long periods of planning :wink:

another woodworker here with a child that has a memory like an elephant.

pipper.

Steve

momo":1z8pbe2x said:
Well, concrete isnt my thing, and I like steel, I feel safer. But its all on hold right now, some little person here just conned me for a new bike, mind you it was my own fault, I opened my mouth to him and said if you can ride your old bike without the stabilisisers without falling of more than 3 times I will buy you a new one. So in true kids fashion he did just that and then said "you get big pennies today daddy, can I have a green one today" well only green one I could find was £80 and too small so I had to go buy him a silver 20" from halfords. As I paid for it I made a mental note never ever too say such things to my kids again. So next chance I get will be 2 weeks from now.

Oh another thing .....

what ever you do never promise them a car for what ever reason how good it may be (especially when you have two sons), very expensive mistake :twisted: :twisted:

Think yourself lucky it was only a bike :wink:

Mcluma":2tn67wmf said:
Oh another thing .....

what ever you do never promise them a car for what ever reason how good it may be (especially when you have two sons), very expensive mistake :twisted: :twisted:

Think yourself lucky it was only a bike :wink:

Oh you sure know where to kick a guy.

Erm, I did that last year when my daughter Tash came over from france, I told her if she behaved for her grandparents this year then I would give her a Grand for a car to replace the scooter as she complained her and her fella couldn't go out in the rain etc etc. I never for one second thought she would behave as she had caused so much grief at school there the last 4 years or so that I made the promise to keep her in line for them.

The year is up on 23 Dec, her 18th birthday, and as yet we have had no phone calls from them.....

A big thanks to Rich today for sorting out my immediate need for a table saw. mind you I am not sure where I plug this Tyzack brass back in !, or how to adjust the blade depth :lol: .

Nice to have met the man in person too ( just so those of you who haven't met him know, hes as mad as a badger drinking red bull!!, but I didn't say that).

momo":13zfw5gm said:
( just so those of you who haven't met him, hes as mad as a badger drinking red bull!!, but I didn't say that).

I think we all suspected that anyway. :wink:

I don't think there is anything fundamentally in making your own table saw, my grandfather made one in the 1960s. Getting it to rise and fall shouldn't be a problem, nor getting it to tilt. But getting it to do both will be. As I see it getting the blade to move through two axis at 90 degrees to each other well be too difficult but moving the blade to the required position and maintaining while the saw is running could harder still. I got a Scheppach Ts 2010 a year ago and the most pleasing thing about it is the accuracy of the cut. My fear in a DIY saw would be not getting the accuracy.

Nice to have met the man in person too ( just so those of you who haven't met him know, hes as mad as a badger drinking red bull!!, but I didn't say that).

Thanks for the warning, I'm meeting him shortly!

Roy.

You can think yourselves lucky your not married to him! :roll:
Mrs Rich.

PS, He's a BODGER, not a badger!

Blimey just woke up.

Roy. he's ok, completely harmless, just don't tell him you have a wooden leg or such, it will end up on a lathe as you wobble about :lol:

I got the old nervous twitch when I first met him as I do with everyone and blethered on like a kid. Anyway good thing was I got the saw home in one piece with no damage, put a straight edge across it and blimey it was completely flat unlike mine. So I got a bargain I reckon.

Thanks again Rich.

You mean when you meet him you don't have a leg to stand on, is that it?

Roy.

Yup, I went in with two came out with one, he now has a nice new lamp stand.... :lol:

Back