Second 'where can i buy' question - saw blades this time.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalimna

Established Member
Reaction score
Deanston, a stones throw from the Distillery
Greetings again folks,
I am in need of a couple of new circular saw blades and would like some recommendations as to type/brand/source please.
First off is a replacement 184mm, 20mm bore for a BnQ circular saw that doesnt get a lot of use but is handy every so often.
Second is a replacement for my Axi TS200 that is in need of fettling and a replacement of the blade it came with. No particular use in mind but would like a clean finish.

Much appreciation,
Adam

I think the freud blades, from ebay or other places are good value. Quality blades but ok pricing.

I would also have a look a cutting solutions. If they don't list what you want, drop them a line. Doug did used to visit the forum but haven't seen him post for a long time.

freud blades for me too, toolstation usually stock them if you need them quickly, otherwise ebay is a good source, if your only rough cutting with the circ saw then a 24t blade will be fine, for you're axi i would use a 40t as a general use and get a 60t for fine crosscutting and cutting sheets,

Thanks for the input - I shall have a look on eBay and Cutting Solutions as I am in no urgent need. Though I suspect that once I set up the TS properly then I'll use it much more often. Time to dust off the UKWS TS200 threads.
Again, thanks for the help and advice,
Adam

I recently had a conversation with a friend about saw blades. He had been out to Italy to look at Irwin's new multi million pound state of the art saw making plant. Subsequently he has done a lot of work using their new Weldtec blades and has been highly impressed by the quality and durability, but they are very reasonably price and perform way beyond their price point.

Jim

There's usually a bit of leeway in the blade diameters, so you might be able to get a 190mm blade for example, if not a 180mm will be fine

Back