Sealey SM42

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dhenry

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I’ve had a Sealey SM42 wood lathe stored in the garage for some time waiting for me to find a space to set it up for a first stab at some basic wood turning. I’ve now found a space and have built a bench to mount it on. However, I’ve discovered that I’m missing the grub screw which goes through a threaded hole in the headstock unit to help keep the circular profile alloy bed bar in place. Does anyone know the size and thread pattern for this grub screw? From the manual I thought that it was 5/16” but that’s too small (as is m8) whilst 3/8” BSW seems to be a smidgeon too large.

Any help gratefully received - I did initially think that the grub screw would be the same size as the one mounted on the tail stock but alas that was not the case!

Thanks

Dave

Hello there..l am new here but I have got hold of one of these lathes and no manual for it.i was wondering what the hole in the headstock face was for.... and also what parts came with the machine originally

Back