scroll saw learner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tersan

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, i'm at last getting the hang of this scroll saw, very pleased with it,although nowhere near a top of the range saw, it's great to work with. I'ts a Proxxon dhs purchased from Axminster....

Attachments

• Photo0081.jpg
    Photo0081.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 868
  • Photo0083.jpg
    Photo0083.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 868
thanks steve, i'm so pleased to have found this hobby,just hope my family and friends appreciate at xmas and birthdays lol, they will all be getting a bit of wood haha!

Its a good start Tersan,and you will find it quite addictive.It will be very interesting seeing how you develop with this great hobby that we all enjoy. :roll:

Bryan

Good work Tersan and remember it is the skill of the operator and quality of the blade that makes good scroll sawing -- very little to do with machine, all that does is move up and down and if you are lucky change speeds

Nowadays brands of machines appear to have become status symbols. A bit like schoolboys mine is bigger than yours syndrome

Keep going !

John

jonluv":cv58hu86 said:
Nowadays brands of machines appear to have become status symbols. A bit like schoolboys mine is bigger than yours syndrome

John

With respect John I don't agree with your comment, I don't think it has anything to do with bragging about better machines, the fact is that there are some really good scroll saws available that happen to run smoothly, do the job accurately and with efficiency, they are an absolute joy to use and encourage the fretworker to use them often and with enthusiasm, on the other hand some cheaper poorly made machines do just the opposite, I have bought machines (not scrollsaws) that were so noisy, vibrate badly and were horrible to use so much so that one tended avoiding using them, which surely cannot encourage the user to do decent work on them.

People here tend to praise their saws because they like a quality product and enjoy using them it's not a status symbol. (IMHO) :)

Thankyou for the comments Bryan,toesy,scrimper and John,much appreciated. With regard to my machine, i will say if i had the finances i would go for a higher spec machine if for no other reason, than the speed change on blades, when i look at some of the work being turned out on utube ( mainly the USA ) it's mind boggling what can be achieved,i'm pleased with the machine i have at the moment but i know at some time in the near future i will be looking toward upgrading, meantime, i'm on a big learning curve and enjoying every minute!

Back