Screwfix RediDriva

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Con Owen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Has anyone used the Screwfix RediDriva plasterboard standard or heavy duty plasterboard fixings and how good are they? Use is for curtain track, bthroom accessories and mirror and pole for heavyweight curtains.
Cheers
Con

I've used the nylon equivalents. They are fine so long as you manage to drive them in cleanly, which is not too hard, otherwise you get chewed plasterboard and no grip. I guess the same would apply to the metal ones.

Hi Con

I've used them not awfully impressed with the metal one (heavy duty) nylon large ones brilliant if you poke a hole in the board first with a screwdriver to alleviate the stress on the nylon trying to bore a hole itself, prevents the plasterboard splitting so much. I've got a fair number spare (100's) you can have if you are round this way again. How many do you want? or take a selection, I chucked out a lot of plasterboard offcuts or you could have had a play with them here. I,ve probably got some large expanding rubber inserts for your curtain track somewhere, just got to find them if want you can have them too.

Alan

Hi
Thanks everyone for your replies, have not had to put fixings into plasterboard before, always been solid walls, except for my shed where I knew the exact location of the studs. I do have one of those Stanley tools which locates wires, wood etc (don't know how successful they are as not used it yet, can't get to it has so much of my daughters stuff in the garage at moment, same for shed)

Alan I would like to take you up on your offer, will send PM.
Cheers
Con

Back