Curtain / Venetian blind suppliers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammy.se

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I pretty much need to replace all the curtains and Venetian blinds in my house, I reckon my budget is between £100 per window to max £250 (for a bay window).

A quick google brings up the usual suspects: John Lewis, dunelm

Can anyone recommend other good shops/suppliers? Online or physical either is fine

They don’t have to be custom, I have very standard windows!

Cheers

I've been through the same twice in the last 5 years and at £250 for a bay window you do not really have much chance of getting anything decent.
My lovely other 1/2 worked for John Lewis and gets a "substantial" discount, but the prices were still to high. Last summer we used the online supplier Blinds2Go for the second time having been impressed with service, price and quality from our first experience 4 years earlier.
We bought 3 Roman Blinds with blackout lining, approx sizes 6 x 4, 6 x 4 and 4 x 4. We also bought 2 Venetian Blinds, approx 8 x 4 and 6 x 4. Total cost was about £800. The only thing I could fault was the pelmets for the Venetian Blinds needed a few more clips. One phone call and two days later we had then.
If/when we need more blinds I would not even consider looking elsewhere.

Colin

I've been through the same twice in the last 5 years and at £250 for a bay window you do not really have much chance of getting anything decent.
My lovely other 1/2 worked for John Lewis and gets a "substantial" discount, but the prices were still to high. Last summer we used the online supplier Blinds2Go for the second time having been impressed with service, price and quality from our first experience 4 years earlier.
We bought 3 Roman Blinds with blackout lining, approx sizes 6 x 4, 6 x 4 and 4 x 4. We also bought 2 Venetian Blinds, approx 8 x 4 and 6 x 4. Total cost was about £800. The only thing I could fault was the pelmets for the Venetian Blinds needed a few more clips. One phone call and two days later we had then.
If/when we need more blinds I would not even consider looking elsewhere.

Colin
This is really helpful, thank you. I will give them a go
Did you ever consider DIY curtains or blinds? I don't think I would have the time personally...

Go to a local blind supplier. I worked at one time for the same and prices are much cheaper and the blinds are usually manufactured locally - any problems can be sorted immediately.

Starline Blinds obviouslynot suggesting you use Starline but I am sure you can find local company.

IKEA are good. Probably cheapest. We have two large ones which have been in use about 8 years

+1 for Blinds2go. Have had multiple blinds from them of various types over the years and "the boss" is very happy with them, so obviously I am too!

Latest posts

Back