scheppach or record or metabo

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure about the axminster but the sip looks like another option, the more i read the specs i have decided against the metabo
its now between
scheppach, record and sip

any one now what the accuracy of the sip rip fence is like
as i have actually seen the other two and they look pritty good
actually leaning towards the record because of the 190mm depth of cut and the type of wheel base looks good for my workshop

but i like the look of the scheppach

help

:-k :-k :-k shaun

I ahve the 12" sip and I am very happy with it ( some on here have the 14" and are just as happy) and the good bit is you are left over with some money to buy blades :D
I use the screwfix ones and have had no complaints but I might be looking at trying one of the Dragons to see if there is a big difference between them.
Have a talk to some that have the 14" sip and see what they think, I would save some money and get the sip but that is IMO :)
Happy thinking :? :)

I'm not familiar with any of them (although the Jet ones seem to be built to withstand a near miss from a bomb...), but go for the biggest capacity workshop and budget allow. Personally I'd look at the trunnions too. All these cast iron tables are great, but some of the trunnions aren't up to the task IMO. I found the large Basato particularly disappointing in that respect.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3pclj2ht said:
I'm not familiar with any of them (although the Jet ones seem to be built to withstand a near miss from a bomb...), but go for the biggest capacity workshop and budget allow. Personally I'd look at the trunnions too. All these cast iron tables are great, but some of the trunnions aren't up to the task IMO. I found the large Basato particularly disappointing in that respect.

Cheers, Alf

And wheels and tensioning mechanisms too. There's no substitute for looking at the real thing, I found. Don't write off the EB, for instance. I was looking at the next size up, but the EB looked more solid inside than the Record or the Scheppach.

Also the Scheppach has got a reader in this months GW that is having bearing problems after two years ( my sip is fine :whistle: ) :twisted:

I would be happy IF sip where paying me :shock: [-( but I am just a happy customer and think for the price they are hard to beat (now going to a corner to sulk :roll: )
I also looked at th EB and record bandsaws and from what I saw at the time I would have been paying more for the some thing :wink:

Not exactly on topic but I've got an SIP mitre saw and I've not had any problem with it and looking into I'd seriously consider the SIP bandsaw if I had the room ....... Not payed by SIP either

Ian

Look for something sturdy enough to take the weight of the table and a big lump of green timber. Sheet steel ones that flap around until their bolted to the table don't fill me with confidence; cast ones do.

Cheers, Alf

Back