Scheppach HMS2600ci or Axminster AW106PT2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OPJ":26y2ypsp said:
With regards to locking the thicknessing bed in place, Bob (9fingers) is the man you want to speak to. :wink: And, according to wizer it does work. I think Bob's just getting ready to produce his first batch of these for the 260?

Too late I think Olly - he did a WIP thread on them recently. Not sure he's planning another run either.

Cheers

Karl

I wouldnt touch either like somone else sugested go for a good old heavy cast iron machine
the bould quality is in a different league and set correctly will give a far better finish

I bought the HMS2600ci around christmas. I never owned nor used a p/t before this. To be fair I think it is a good machine. Ive used it to square the parts for 3 kitchens worth of cabinets doors (2-300 parts), and it has worked just fine. I think the feed rollers for the thicknesser disengage when the lever for locking down the end surface table is pushed down, but I'll check in the morning when I get in.

The fence locking levers are a bit finicky, and I think I might have rung the plastic splines by giving tightening them to much.

big soft moose":1usml03g said:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MULTICO-SURFACE-THICKNESSER-PLANER-SINGLE-PHASE-BREAK-/190396191002?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_BOI_Building_Materials_Supplies_Carpentry_Woodwork_ET&hash=item2c547f511a

I've one similar to that, thicknesser attachment is awful to use, obviously you have to manually push the stock through, and even if you are really careful it can catch the blade rather agressively, so I went for the axi AW128PT which has been superb, but I've also kept the multico for facing and squaring.

Back