Scheppach Chop Saw @ B&Q for £92

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinsella

Established Member
Reaction score
Chaps
I had to do a double take, my previous FOX chop saw went bang and I've been waiting to buy a new one assuming a budget of circa £300+ for nearest hobby version. I jumped at the chance when I saw this offer. For those like minded and interested check out your store. I'm in London and they have been sitting about for a while. Its Scheppach!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 666
That is a stonking price and listed on the bandq sitr.

I hope you are going to come back with a review......

Robin
Will do as soon as i can. I quickly plugged in and cut a few pieces. The trigger is different to what i'm used to, but nothing that i won't get used to. Its smooth. The length of cut seem ridiculously long. I already have a radial arm Wakin so this is really for mitres etc. Fact that it does both lef and right angles is brill. Seems pretty good so far but will try use it before the weekend and post a review before this weerkend.

RobinBHM":2oy96g92 said:
That is a stonking price and listed on the bandq sitr.

I hope you are going to come back with a review......

hi robin
i cant find it listed on b&q site , could you post a link to it please
cheers paul-c

Nothing special in Cribbs Causeway this morning. Plenty of the Scheppach saws available. Not sure if sale has started as there was a large amount of stock roped off from the public.

According to helpful staffperson in Aylesbury it's a thing they do after a yearly stocktake.
This may explain why there's some particular bargains to be had in one store but not the next.

Had some email from them: Epic Clearance Event is "In stores from Wednesday or available online now."

Just came back from the North Shields branch.

Still plenty of these saws in stock if anyone is interested.

Phil

Had a look at the display model and it was awful. Very loose on all the bits that should be tight. There was a decent jcb one with a 5 year guarantee for about £50 more.

SPSlick
I have two bits of kit from Scheppach, a table saw and a radial arm pillar drill. The saw is over 10 years old and only one part has worn down and it was replaced for £10 and it back running. The German Engineering i think it second to none so i'd pick Scheppach (lose bits in all) over JCB any day. lose bits can be tightened. I will be giving it the full once over tomorrow and checking the factory calibrations. That normally seperates the men from the boys. My first impressions are its study enough and worth well over £92. My point is that i was expecting to buy Axminster model or even to go to trade brands to get the quality i want. i'll post a review over the weekend after i play about with it.

Just did a few quick cuts and none of the factory settings are correct, so no doubt it will take a few hours fiddling with it to get them all spot on. The factory fitted blade could do with a few more teeth, so no doubt I'll end up changing that. But so far nothing that detracts from a £92 price tag.

Mellinda
Want me to pop to my B&Q to see if they still have some. Isn't only a hop skip from Braintree for you if they do?

I'm the sort of nerd that want any excuse to visit tool stores!

kinsella":1j56hur2 said:
Mellinda
Want me to pop to my B&Q to see if they still have some. Isn't only a hop skip from Braintree for you if they do?

I'm the sort of nerd that want any excuse to visit tool stores!

Lol thanks for the offer but I'll decline! (Because I was so peeved they had none either... spent the cash!)

Very nice of you to offer x

Latest posts

Back