Scale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filsgreen

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm building an toy articulated lorry from scratch, I'm going to use 2" wheels. Can anyone tell me roughly what size tractor and trailer would be to scale?

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Why not simply do a google search for articulated lorry images and when you've found one you like, simply scale it off from that.

Here's one to start with linkything

I've just looked at the tractor and trailer in the Richard Blizzard toy book. He uses 4" wheels and the tractor is 27 1/4" x 9 1/4" and the trailer is 44 1/4" x 10 1/4".

I may have a plan or a book with a plan in let me check over the weekend which i will then scan or photocopy for you

Thanks Schultzy, what makes it good is that I'm watching Strictly Come Dancing with my wife and the dimensions are going through my head, and I'm thinking what I can do to make it look better. Should I varnish it or should I paint it in bright colours for a eighteen month old boy? I'm using Utile and ash and I don't suppose the boy will be bothered what I do, or his mother come to that! But thanks once again for taking the time to help me with the project, incidentally how should I finish it? :?

Cheers

Phil

Pil, the toys I made for my lad I painted with satin or matt polyurethane varnish as this is hard wearing. I did paint some of the parts to add a bit of colour but I tend to use different woods for emphasis as I hate painting wood unless its pine or mdf.

I'm thinking about building it similar to this model and intend to paint the wheels black. I'm using Rustins gloss polyurethane wooden floor varnish for the rest.

149.jpg

Back