Saw Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing advice on saw blades supplier on here
due to brain meltdown I can't remember much more of what was recommended
its for a table saw

anyone link thread or give me some advice please?

Steve

Atkinson Walker (the best IMHO), Wealden tools (also very good and made in Sheffield probably by AW come to think of it) and cutting solutions - although I haven't used them they always get good press on here.

Freud seem to make the best blades you can get, certainly the best I have used, stay sharp longer and come in all the tooth configurations and size's you would ever need.

Mike

I had a cutting solutions one and a Freud on my 8" saw when I had it. Both were very good for the money, and I would buy again. Not sure what is on the current saw- whatever came with it (bought used)

Sorry - but these are my two sadly negative experiences in the last month.

Have had cutting solution's blade TS blade before and its been good. Recently wanted another and the phone wasn't answered so I left a message. Phone call back, four working days later- I politely said I had sourced elsewhere- they seemed a bit miffed...

In the meantime bought a blade from Tewksbury saw- received terrible service. Will not be using them again.

I normally use a Freud blades as the performance at that price point is excellent.

I recently brought an Atkinson Walker blade and they are excellent quality. Compared to the Freud blade they seem on par for cutting performance. At double the cost of the Freud in not totally converted, hopefully it lasts longer before it needs re-sharpening.

Also read that Wealden tool saw blades are made my Atkinson walker, maybe worth looking at them.

Wealden blades are made by various different manufacturers. I have had one that I'm pretty sure was AW. I alps have one that is German and came from them.

Just had a delivery this morning from Doug at Cutting Solutions - I buy all my blades from him.

Cheers

Karl

Not to hijack a thread but where is the best place to get a Freud ripping blade for my table saw. Fed up trying to find one on various sites who dont have a filter to get a 300mm or 305mm one, without having to scroll through hundreds of smaller or bigger ones.

Mike

Latest posts

Back