Sash window parts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnkcilc

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. Found your site and it's great!!
This is my first post and so I am going to jump right in.

Does anyone know of a decent supplier of sash window furniture?

Thanks in advance
John

Mighton

Sorry was eating chips and had greasy fingers :lol: Welcome to the forum .

Hi, Reddiseals direct who are on the web cover just about everything, down to solid bronze brighton fasteners if you need them, most people in the trade use them. I just finished some windows which they supplied most of the kit for, and offered a very good service you do not need to be trade to use them, and they are happy to handle small orders as well

Hope that helps. Mark :) :)

The one thing (or 4 per window thing) you can't get nowadays is proper cast iron pulleys. They are superior to all the alternatives. You can find them 2nd hand if you are lucky.
Same is true of cast iron hinges which seem to have only recently become history. Daft thing is that you can get "antique" black iron hinges but they are really tatty compared to the real thing which was still available only a few years ago.

cheers
Jacob

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome
I placed an order with Reddiseals (http://www.reddiseals.com) and was very impressed with the amount of stuff they had on the website and delivery was quick.

Thanks again everyone.
:D

DomValente":scayp5rk said:
Who's this Sorry bloke then.
Can't be Jason - he's having his nap

Mr_Grimsdale":scayp5rk said:
Same is true of cast iron hinges which seem to have only recently become history.
I still have one suppliuer who has them in stock (or at least they did 6 weeks back) if you are interested

Scrit

PS John, welcome to the forum!

Back