sam maloof chair leg joint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madge

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, has anyone attempted this joint? I know the basics of how it's produced, cutting a notch in the seat, running a rebate cutter around the notch and a matching round over bit over the leg, but does anyone have any hints and tips to get the fit as perfect as possible?

I made one of these last year
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=h_sD ... &q&f=false
The measurements in these plans can't be trusted (found that out the hard way!) But there's some useful information in there about the joint I think you are taking about. This was my finished effort.
IMG_20140517_110605.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140517_110605.jpg
    IMG_20140517_110605.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 179
Madge
A previous member, Philly of Philly's planes fame made one a few years back and I believe it was well documented on here. If you can't find it he also has a blog / website called phillesville, you could try there. It's not really my style of furniture but I can only admire the skill that goes into it. Good luck I hope you find what you need.

Richard

Hi Madge. Not sure if you are still interested but I have been posting a Sam Maloof style build WIP that might answer some of your questions.

Yes I have made the joint. Matching router cutters and a well made jig are required.

Back