Sadolin

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nev Hallam

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so I don't have very much experience in finishing what I make, it's usually sent off for someone else to do, other than sand and seal or lacquer I'm pretty clueless.
I have just started taking on more private contracts out of my work, I have just built a pine bookcase for a customer, she wanted it stained in dark walnut, she bought the finish prior to me making the bookcase. Its Sadolin Jacobian walnut, Its used allot for exterior use but can be used as a base stain for bare wood interior. I found the issues with this stuff is the coverage is crappy it takes to different parts of the pine differently. That and it takes about 6-8 hours to dry. I wish I'd have chosen the finish.
Anyway I have stained the wood but now need to fish it, I really don't want to use a long dry time finish. I wanted to know if there's a clear finish I can use, something not too glossy but preferably quicker drying than 8 hours! I'm guessing a water based finish would dry quicker but not sure if this is suitable when applied to an oil based stain.

I know there's plenty of people who can help on here, so I look forward to any feedback

Latest posts

Back