rutlands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwoodjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
have just seen email from rutlands they have 11% off and free delivery this weekend check out there website :D

Dozuki Dovetail Compact Saw at £25.95 less 10% and free delivery = Very tempted

So its the carpet world of the tool world then.

Had a quick look around and can't see them anywhere else and don't fancy one with a rattan handle.

Mr_p I've ordered from rut lands before and never had an issue. But I know people on here who have.

I think the general rule is, if it says out of stock ...... don't order it. There customer service is known to be a bit lacking.

And don't you find it a little bit coincidental that every review seems to be 5 star?

John

John - that's because I haven't gotten round to reviewing the speed clamps I bought from them a while ago.... uttter cr*p!

However, I have had some good buys from them in the past - like so much nowadays, stuff is made to a price not to a quality so you have to choose wisely, and yes indeed - their customer service isn't quite what it should be....

Wouldchuk":8wdw375j said:
John - that's because I haven't gotten round to reviewing the speed clamps I bought from them a while ago.... uttter cr*p!

I think the suggestion is more commonly that they delete/never approve for publication any less-than-positive reviews. I think I remember seeing a four-star review once, but I'm also pretty sure I remember someone complaining that he wrote a one-star one that never got published.

Rutlands..........profit.....e nuff said

Axminster.......understand customers like post sales service

Bottom line rutlands senior mgmt......looking to upgrade their yacht. Axminster senior mgmt.......reasonable people who value both customers and their staff

I have never worked for either of these companies but the personality of the board of a company is entirely visible through its customer service. Rutlands are ALL about marketing gloss, Axminster at least give a balanced view and their customer feedback shows that

I struggle with rutlands now as I've been let down so many times with cheap tat dressed up as product!

They have literally "earned" my attitude. Likewise Axy, but the opposite.

I managed to restrain myself, nearly fell into the trap of ordering the set of three (2 five star reviews and 1 four star).

Why have one saw for £23.50 when you can have three for £54

Will treat myself when my bench is up and up and running.

Ordered some dakota clamps trying to save bit of cash, unfortunately they are no where near the quality of bessey, I suppose you get what you pay for!

I tried to place an order over the bank holiday, unfortunately it didn't go through because of security issues with my card (I get this a lot for some reason!). I called them on Tuesday evening to put my order through, the assistant was very helpful and honoured the discount without even needing to ask. I was advised that one item I wanted was now out of stock but would be back in stock towards the end of the week. I got a dispatch e-mail on Monday and everything arrived yesterday evening. All in all this is consistent with my previous experiences - pretty trouble free, but then I may have been lucky in the things that I have ordered being mostly in stock and not having any quality issues.

Back