Rutlands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpb

Established Member
Reaction score
Rutland's have a 10% off everything Plus free delivery sale on all on line orders until 21st Oct.

jpb

jpb":1q7m2bpr said:
Rutland's have a 10% off everything Plus free delivery sale on all on line orders until 21st Oct.

jpb

yep i saw that - mind you they do have a caveat that its subject to stock availability which based on their previous performance probably means that they have one of each item on sale and everyone else whoorders it will be chasrged full price

A bit harshBSM, I ordered several out of stock items in their last sale. All arrived post free and at sale prices a couple of weeks after the event.

laird":18ama6ax said:
A bit harshBSM, I ordered several out of stock items in their last sale. All arrived post free and at sale prices a couple of weeks after the event.

theres two schools on here - those who've never had a problem with rutlands and those who'd cheerfully nuke them. It seems to be the general experience that if you are lucky enough to get something that works for the price you wanted to pay then the products are great - but if you get a defective one, or charged the wrong price or whatever their customer service sucks like a lemon.

sounds as though you probably belong to the former school while wizer and I are probably founder members of the latter.

I'm thinking in particular of the mujingfang type wooden planes that they had on sale earlier this year when it turned out that in fact only 1 - thats right one - was on sale and everyone else who ordered got charged the full whack and in some cases had a great deal of trouble getting their money back.

10% is not enough to consider a Dakota product IMHO. :p

This vacuum bag system was under £200 yesterday (I think it was £189 but can't be sure of the exact price), but I just had a look now, and it's price seems to have risen to £219.95 overnight. :shock: :shock:

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/DK1135

That's at least a 10% increase overnight!!! Coincidence???? :evil: :evil:

Stay away from Rutlands they are crooks!!!

Cheers

Aled

That comment was a little tongue in cheek. I don't tend to include Rutlands in my searches any more, but if they had something at the right price that I really needed then I would buy there. Whilst the service has been bad, they do eventually sort things out. There's just something a bit 'Argos' about that company.. :roll: :D

Some of the more useful special offers + 10% + free shipping (free shipping over £45 is one of the many things that Axminster have got right BTW) is worth having. Having just bought a few things I hope I am right.
Cheers
Graeme

jpb":ob29cs9i said:
Rutland's have a 10% off everything

Not everything. Festool have managed to protect their prices and are the only brand excluded. Like new Apple products, Festool are amazing at controlling their retail prices across the whole market. Even a FleaBay Domino cuttter went for just 9% less than retail.

wizer":1rj068lf said:
That comment was a little tongue in cheek. I don't tend to include Rutlands in my searches any more, but if they had something at the right price that I really needed then I would buy there. Whilst the service has been bad, they do eventually sort things out. There's just something a bit 'Argos' about that company.. :roll: :D

thats a bit harsh..................................................to argos ;)

wizer":tvc2sk87 said:
10% is not enough to consider a Dakota product IMHO. :p

i think you missed a zero off mate - presumably you meant "100% off isnt enough to consider a dakota product " :evil:

My experience of Rutlands has been OK - not great, not bad, just OK.

However, it has to be said that their photography and the presentation of their website and catalogue is world class. Whoever is responsible is worth their weight in gold. Without them I suspect Rutlands would not have a business at all.

Brad

Got an email today saying it ends in 4 days. I was considering looking at getting the SIP saw from them with free delivery for £540. But if they are going to rush me I shant.

I bought a Bench Dogs cast iron router table from them about 8 months ago at £200 off which seemed like a good price and it may well be but I haven't put it together yet due to delays in getting the workshop extension built but I did at least check that all the bits were there. The problem came when I decided I wanted the wheel set which took months.

Jim

Jim I can't believe you spent that much on a router table!

Tom,

Guilty as charged. But you only get one life and even my wife would agree that I have few other vices apart from not listening to her.

Jim

Back