Rutlands special offer on Accuscribe Pro

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keenedge

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it me or did the price of the Accuscribe Pro leap up in price in the last catalogue and now has dropped back to where it was on a "special" offer?
Funnily enough it's still cheaper by about £2 in Isaac Lords, so not that special after all!
Practice, sharp, taste and the word nasty spring to mind

Hi,

A washer and a pencil is much cheaper, or a cheap compass from Wilcos

Pete

I don't mind the £20 bit, it's the pretending it was £32 in order to "drop" the price in a special offer.
How many other special offers have been pumped up for the 28 days type available at the higher price.
The same thing happened with the Chattahoochee pencils last month.
Buyer beware, check Rutlands prices against more trustworthy suppliers first!

Keenedge":tynqvtmt said:
I don't mind the £20 bit, it's the pretending it was £32 in order to "drop" the price in a special offer.
How many other special offers have been pumped up for the 28 days type available at the higher price.

The Dakota Router Table (DK2009) is another one. It's been 'on sale' for 3 years now - now, according to the 'Wayback Machine' (archive.org):

http://waybackmachine.org/2009061500000 ... nds.co.uk/

20th Feb 2009: Was £149.95 inc.vat Now £99.95 inc.vat
26th March 2009: Was £149.95 inc.vat Now £99.95 inc.vat
6th April 2009: Was £169.95 inc.vat Now £119.95 inc.vat

So according to archive.org, on 26th March, the 'Was' price was 149.95, but 11 days later on 6th April the 'was' price went up to 169.95. :-"

Keenedge":1wtqmpbv said:
Think you'll find this is common practice with many retailers specials not just Rutlands.

I look at it as being deliberately misleading, if another retailer does it or not, it's a poor way to try and claim that's it's a special offer.
Just because a retailer covers the legal side of it by raising and then "offering" a "special" deal, the reality is that they imposed the new price knowing they would drop it after the 28 days bit.
Still cheaper by a couple of quid at Isaac Lords, no offer, no previous high price, no con.

They've done it again! fastcap soft wax kit "save £18 and free delivery". Sudden price rise, a little while later, a special offer that brings it back at what it was before.
No thanks.

Latest posts

Back