rutlands logo

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andpartington

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
does any one out there have ether a old copy of a Rutlands catalogue that has the beaver logo on it.

if so it could they could ether:
post it to me (will cover postage)
or just a scan or 2 wood be grate

i am thinking about setting up on my own a like the idea of a badger with a tool as a logo
but need something 2 show 2 my friend with photoshop

thanks

andy

Hi

I found these by searching online, hope they help.

static_beaver_chop2.gif

beaver.gif

beaver.gif

You want to be doing your logos in Illustrator, its a fantastic bit of kit for that sort of thing!

andpartington":iqomaops said:
thanks nola the last one is the one i wonted

what the heck was your search term (i couldn't find anything)

I suspect the wayback machine was involved.

BugBear

bugbear":3sbm80mn said:
Chems":3sbm80mn said:
You want to be doing your logos in Illustrator, its a fantastic bit of kit for that sort of thing!

Or Inkscape, which is cheaper ;-)

BugBear

Ive never heard of that, another fantastic vector drawing program is Flash, draw something in flash then increase the size, export it and you have a huge line drawing that you can paint with flash.

Chems":1ucy3p3k said:
bugbear":1ucy3p3k said:
Chems":1ucy3p3k said:

Or Inkscape, which is cheaper ;-)

BugBear

I've never heard of that

http://inkscape.org/

Available (free) for Mac, Windows and Linux.

another fantastic vector drawing program is Flash, draw something in flash then increase the size, export it and you have a huge line drawing that you can paint with flash.

Flash is a format, not an application.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Flash

what application are you talking about?

(tippety-tappety-google) Ah.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/

699 dollars! I'll stick with Inkscape.

BugBear

or even an authoring environment which translates into application pretty much in common parlance. Alternately you might call it a technology set but not really a format.

Tried Inkscape on both Linux platforms and Mac as an alternative to Illustrator, Open Source software being so much more attractive to the purchasing dept in me. Unfortunately it was lacking a bit of the functionality which I could possibly have lived with but was also completely unstable and would crash and freeze with no warnings. Same issues on both platforms. It was not cross compatible with AI / illustrator files that others would send me to work with which would have been nice though not expected and nor was Inkscape output accepted by any printers that I deal with as a useable format for them to work from. Shame really because it's licensing is definitely attractive.
Things may have changed from when I tried it (last year) it's probably worth a look at it, my experience may have been peculiar to me.
Cheers Mike

mr":19j94z4q said:
Tried Inkscape on both Linux platforms and Mac as an alternative to Illustrator, Open Source software being so much more attractive to the purchasing dept in me. Unfortunately it was lacking a bit of the functionality which I could possibly have lived with but was also completely unstable and would crash and freeze with no warnings. Same issues on both platforms. It was not cross compatible with AI / illustrator files that others would send me to work with which would have been nice though not expected and nor was Inkscape output accepted by any printers that I deal with as a useable format for them to work from. Shame really because it's licensing is definitely attractive.
Things may have changed from when I tried it (last year) it's probably worth a look at it, my experience may have been peculiar to me.
Cheers Mike

Oh, I wouldn't hold it up as an alternative to Illustrator in a commercial environment, but for a non-pro wanting to do a few diagrams (the diagrams I sometimes post here, for example), it's fine.

Illustrator and/or Flash cost as much as a Lie Nielsen plane!

BugBear (who works in computer prepress)

mr":3q7udyk4 said:

or even an authoring environment which translates into application pretty much in common parlance. Alternately you might call it a technology set but not really a format.

I suppose so; it's unusual in that there's a one-to-one relationship between producer app, format and consumer app, which is very unusual.

BugBear

bugbear":1av9wmky said:
I suppose so; it's unusual in that there's a one-to-one relationship between producer app, format and consumer app, which is very unusual.

BugBear

Not so uncommon, its fairly common for that what comes from Adobe and Microsoft.

Instead of there being a format suited for describing a certain type of work with applications capable of editing and viewing it there is an application which at some time has to save and load the work somehow.

tnimble":vt0xvkdz said:
Instead of there being a format suited for describing a certain type of work with applications capable of editing and viewing it there is an application which at some time has to save and load the work somehow.

Although Adobe Air technologies would appear to be moving towards the specification based model rather than application led approach you mention.

Cheers Mike

I mean the program you create flash files with, ie Flash MX, or flash CS3 etc, the drawing in flash is vector based. I think what your confusing is .swf files which is the output of programs like flash, but flash can do a lot of different output other than .swf files, you can export directly to PS or Illustrator.

I'll have to download that inkscape, you can never have to many drawing programs. Have you ever come across a drawing program called ArtRage? Its not for vector or anything but its free version is really quite fun, it emulates drawing on paper.

Back