Rutlands dust collector???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MikeJhn":ugtkx9pz said:
I see we are dealing in absolutes here, not our usual what I have found in real use, however, I have found that the very fine dust stays suspended in the extracted air and pass's to the extractor filter and then through it into the workshop, unless you have a Hepa filter to take out those small particles, if you think this does not happen try shinning a light into the air above your main extractor filter, notwithstanding you still have to expose yourself to whatever is in the dump box when you empty it.

Mike
I think it was your comments about cyclones being a fad and not worth it that he took issue with.

Cyclones are fantastic when used correctly, and save you having to clean the filter a huge amount.

You're right about the fine particles though, a cyclone won't catch them

MikeJhn":3nfaxaeu said:
I see we are dealing in absolutes here, not our usual what I have found in real use

Yet that's exactly what I posted.... what I have found from.... real use..... So no, don't find them a fad at all.

however, I have found that the very fine dust stays suspended in the extracted air and pass's to the extractor filter and then through it into the workshop, unless you have a Hepa filter to take out those small particles, if you think this does not happen try shinning a light into the air above your main extractor filter, notwithstanding you still have to expose yourself to whatever is in the dump box when you empty it.

I said nothing about health issues or even brought them up. I disagree with your dismissal of cyclones as a fad only there to look cool. I found it, based on practical experience on my own, to be a gigantic time and hassle saver.

MikeJhn":2l9tyctu said:
Careful when comparing machines from Machine Mart against Axminster, the MM offering has two motors at 1100watts, the Axminster has two TwinFlow motors at 1200watts and the wheeled chassis are very much different, Axminster have these machines made for them.

Mike

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/nvd752-wood-vac/

https://www.axminster.co.uk/numatic-nvd ... r-ax782721

Thanks again for your efforts and all the info! Who would have known dust collection could be so complicated. I have my own civil engineering business working in the rail industry and for years we have used masks to combat dust but more and more we are being forced into using extractionand suppression methods so I guess I'm going to have to take it more seriously!

Latest posts

Back