Rutlands Chuck Offer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been this price since I started turning a few years ago, was the chuck I first bought & used and is a decent 1st chuck.
Plenty of jaws from other chucks fit it too.

Nova and supernova jaws are compatible, but the cole jaw set that I picked up needed about 2mm to be shaved off the fixing bolts

Hi

I have one and wouldn't hesitate to buy another - produces exactly the same quality of work as my more expensive RP 4000s and Novas.

Regards Mick

I have ordered one today . I have a super nova with quite a few of the accessory jaws. Is it right that the nova jaws will fit this chuck

Cheers

Vic

Vic Perrin":21a3qs6u said:
I have ordered one today . I have a super nova with quite a few of the accessory jaws. Is it right that the nova jaws will fit this chuck

Cheers

Vic

Yep, but watch the lengths of the fixing screws :)

Vic Perrin":kp2esk75 said:

Cheers

Vic

Chuck arrived today only 2 days after placing the order so no delivery problems with Rutlands on this one.

For the price it looks quite a substantial piece of kit, being compatible with my Nova accessories I feel that the chuck will be a useful addition to my armoury.

Now all I have to do is put it to use and see how it performs but my first impression is that it is a good value item

Cheers

Vic

PS Spindle thanks again for the info

Hi Vic,

I'm a bit late but it might give you some encouragement to know that I bought that chuck to check it out and ordered three more the next day. It's a bit of a luxury having a chuck for each of the most used jaw sets but, at the price, I think I got good value. In 6 months I've had no problems at all.
Brendan.

BMac":k9l79ne9 said:
Hi Vic,

I'm a bit late but it might give you some encouragement to know that I bought that chuck to check it out and ordered three more the next day. It's a bit of a luxury having a chuck for each of the most used jaw sets but, at the price, I think I got good value. In 6 months I've had no problems at all.
Brendan.

Cheers Brendan, nice to hear what you say about the chucks.
I am really impressed with them at the price.
I got this one to for a little Axminster variable speed lathe I use for smaller jobs.

I wish that they had some of these to fit my Maxi 1 (1 1/4 inch x 8 TPI) as like you I think I would get a couple more.

Vic

Vic Perrin":3pfyj5az said:
I wish that they had some of these to fit my Maxi 1 (1 1/4 inch x 8 TPI) as like you I think I would get a couple more.

Vic

Wondered about these, but they don't do a Mystro thread (1.125 by 12tpi). So..... is there enough "meat" around the 1" threaded bit to recut it to Mystro size on the Super 7? (I know, could use an exsert, but don't want extra overhang. And yes, know it's a tricky operation, but have done three or four other chucks successfully)

Back