rule breaking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carpyone":8i9m5lv1 said:
So are you saying...
I'm saying exactly what I'm saying, precisely so you don't need to try and guess or interpret or mind read anything.

carpyone":8i9m5lv1 said:
only my opinion but this is breaking the rules. My take on this is clearly different to others on here .
The only opinion that matters is that of the Mods, which is why it's pointless to even raise the thread in the first place.
Thanks for playing, anyway, though...

MikeG.":1lakpl2f said:
carpyone":1lakpl2f said:
.......No mind reading needed....... .

No, no, of course not. :roll:

carpyone":1lakpl2f said:
........ The way I see it........ I believe the sellers intent.......... intended to use them..........your original intent was different .....Two very different intentions IMO.

My mind reading is that you are trolling the forum to get revenge for stomping off in a huff under another name when one of your advertisements was removed by moderation. How am I doing?

why would I answer your question when you won't answer mine :mrgreen:

For any reasonable person, this issue was resolved by the end of the first page.

Whether carpyone is a disgruntled ex-member or someone in desperate need of help from a mental health professional is not a question I need to answer. Either way, I believe that what he wants is for people to take on his (to me, deliberately argumentative ) argument. If everyone ignores him, then I think we deny him what he wants.

I also don’t think I might alone in saying that I’m happy for the moderators to use their common sense (that’s spelt c-o-m; oh forget it, it will be lost on him) to adjudicate on issues brought before them. And for the rest of us to accept their best efforts at fairness.

If you added up all the time that has been spent reading and responding to this plonker, then we have lost a fortune in productivity.

OK. No, I don't believe the rules were broken. Or at least, the trivial inadvertent rule break was corrected by shutting down the Ebay ad, bringing the ad here back into compliance with the rules.

Now, are you trolling us as because you had an advertisement (under another name) shut down by the moderators?

Is carpyone a moderator in disguise? :wink: Would the moderators be getting so much praise if this thread was locked or carpyone banned as might normally happen?

Come on guys, this is an easy one to know who it is, I had it from second post ........... he used to flounce off every 6 months but always returned with his tail between his legs. Sold bucket loads of gear on here and go into meltdown if accused of being a dealer...........

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

5 pages , still broke the rules IMO , off to do some free hand sharpening :lol:

carpyone":2cfge7hp said:

Talking of rules.
(3.) Multiple Accounts
Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.

CHJ":g4gsm0m4 said:
carpyone":g4gsm0m4 said:

Talking of rules.
(3.) Multiple Accounts
Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.

Don't forget Rule 5. :wink:

phil.p":2unjqlap said:
Geoff_S":2unjqlap said:
Anyway, I didn't know what a luthier is, so I looked it up and learnt yet another thing on this excellent forum.
:D
Have a look at Simo's guitar build threads. :D

Too right. Amazing.
I quite fancy make an actual lute one day in about, ooooh, a hundred years when I have the skills.
I don't want to play the lute or sell a lute or own a lute especially. I have no real need of a lute if I'm honest.
I want to make one for the sole reason that when I've taken years to build up the skills and knowledge to build one, spent money on exotic woods and tools, sacrificed my limited time and energy, when I have finally finished it I can look down at this prized piece of woodwork, this fusion of art and craftwork, this perhaps most playable synergy of toil of hand and musicality of soul, and there it will be on my workbench. The sum total of years of effort, finished to the best limits of my perfection and I'll be able to say in my best heavy breathing Darth Vader voice, 'Luuuuute. I am your Faaaaather'.
Only then I will be satisfied I have made the best lute based pun ever told in the history of the world.
I may even need to buy some abranet along the way if anyone has ohhh, I dunno, 10 m rolls of 120 grit along the way although possibly this will be surplus to my requirements. God, who knows.
If I did though, thanks Carpyone. I wouldn't have seen the offer otherwise. What is it they say about advertising again?
Until then, onwards and upwards.
Cheers now
Chris.

And after all that toil and hard work, as you weep in to your hanky, some little git will sneak in and nick it while you aren't looking.

you could say that your lute was looted by the thieving toerag.

novocaine":39kghrv8 said:
And after all that toil and hard work, as you weep in to your hanky, some little git will sneak in and nick it while you aren't looking.

you could say that your lute was looted by the thieving toerag.

And won't even have had the satisfaction of adding a new string to his Bow along the way as compensation in his a Plucky drive for tonal perfection.

Personally I really AM surprised that this has gone on for SO many pages (5 now).

Whether or not carpyone is or is not an old (banned?) member returning under a new name is beside the point. This bloke is IMO an silly person by any measure, and has amply proven that fact. He is deliberately stirring you all up - successfully!

Whatever and however any of us reply he will come back and twist and repeat and regurgitate his convoluted argument ad infinitum, so I think the best answer is for ALL of us to totally ignore him - not only in this thread but if he should appear on any other thread (asking for help for example), ditto, totally ignore him.

The only way this pillock is getting any satisfaction is by people replying to him, so it's an easy answer really, "ALL STOP".

I must admit it wouldn't be the first time that I've risen to such bait in the past MikeG - usually knowingly I'm ashamed to add.

But in this case this carpyone bloke is IMO such a jerk that life's just too short to bother - he can't even argue his "case" with any degree of logic or common sense - he's what's referred to here in local dialect as a "komplett trottl".

I'm not sticking up for him by saying this..........but there's a chance he is still a member, and I guess there are rules about what you can say about current members. I suggest caution, therefore, on the grounds that it would be sad to see good members punished over this.........erm............chew toy.

Noted, thanks MikeG. I can only say that I have been careful to say "IMO" - several times!

But thanks anyway, though I for one won't be bothering with this thread anymore.

Well, there's a bit of living I won't get back, having just read right through this sequence. The phrases 'toys out of the pram' and 'spoilt, obfuscating, juvenile-minded, self-agrandising, twit' come immediately to mind. It was striking to see how many times a direct question was answered by a spiel of divertionary intent and pipper-all import.
At the tender age of 62, I am concious that there IS a better way to conduct oneself - having seen it often in my youth - and that spiteful, childish mewling in public (whilst it seems to be a product of our increasingly patronising social changes) is simply beneath my dignity to acknowledge or engage with.

"Off with his head!" Mods!

I propose Mike G for King and AES for his Chancellor! :D

Sam

Back