rule breaking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carpyone":3anxz1rr said:
Would just be nice to have some clarification as members have left this forum for having similar posts removed .

Postcode RM10 in particular does seem to have a problem with the forum at times, not all relatively new sign ups do such extensive research as to be able to advise the moderators on how to police the forum after just four posts though, your advice is duly noted for the record but I think the bulk of members are reasonably happy with the accepting things as is without debating the semantics.

CHJ":vzd9wjs7 said:
Postcode RM10 in particular does seem to have a problem with the forum at times, not all relatively new sign ups do such extensive research as to be able to advise the moderators on how to police the forum after just four posts though, your advice is duly noted for the record but I think the bulk of members are reasonably happy with the accepting things as is without debating the semantics.

=D>

carpyone":12qnltm1 said:
MikeG.":12qnltm1 said:
fish":12qnltm1 said:
WOW who rattled your cage ........

Whose cage? If you developed the habit of quoting or linking, people wouldn't have to guess what you are talking about.

OOPs thouth I had , thank you for kindly pointing this out :D

Now I'll point out the quote button, so you can do it properly next time. It's in the top right hand corner of the text/ reply box, and looks like a speech bubble.

CHJ":3q9htzpb said:
carpyone":3q9htzpb said:
Would just be nice to have some clarification as members have left this forum for having similar posts removed .

Not sure who you think I am ?
The rules seemed quite clear and then we're told some posts are taken on a post by post basis .
I asked what seemed a simple question in yet it seems to have stirred things up a bit .

Doesn't it really just involve a bit of common?
Long standing (contributing) member doesn't take the mick. Sells a couple of bits he doesn't need. People save a few quid on standard price. Everyone's happy.
(Nearly Everyone is happy...)
God.
Breaking news.
I'm on the edge of my seat.
Where will this roller coaster ever end? Who knows. I can't wait. The tension is almost to much. It's Overpowering. Too much to bear. Almost.
In other news: Man fails to park in favourite parking spot in road directly outside house and has to park outside next doors house until tomorrow when he will probably be able to park in his normal spot when the red Fiesta has moved...

:roll:

carpyone":1yepu6f7 said:
CHJ":1yepu6f7 said:
carpyone":1yepu6f7 said:

I asked what seemed a simple question in yet it seems to have stirred things up a bit .

Really, are we reading the same thread?

I asked what seemed a simple question in yet it seems to have stirred things up a bit .[/quote]

Really, are we reading the same thread?[/quote]

Yes Bob my original question was - Why are some members allowed to break the classified(for sale) rules ??
Should the rules not apply to every one

Now we know some posts are judged on a post by post basis the rules are a lot clearer LOL

Have you been a member before, carpy-one, under a different name?

I ask because it seems weird behaviour to join a forum and then immediately start attacking it.

It's me guys .
I done it, most of you know I'm skitsofrenic. The voices made me do it.

No they didn't.

Shut up you silly Welsh t*** . They didn't, now back in your box.
There's a good boy.

MikeG.":296jxlya said:

I ask because it seems weird behaviour to join a forum and then immediately start attacking it.

Does seem a bit odd does it not? Bit like Nigel joining the EU Parliament so he can attack it.

MikeG.":750ergzd said:

Has me being or not being a member before have any relevance to my original question ?

I/we now know the answer in that the mods police the rules on excess stock on a post by post basis , even though take the the Abranet as an example , the items were purchased by a business (recently)and are being sold by a business solely for its benefit so clearly breaking the rules .

The good thing is we have the answer and that is that the forum has rules but the mods can over ride them as they see fit .

carpyone":1q525mcv said:
the items were purchased by a business (recently)and are being sold by a business solely for its benefit so clearly breaking the rules.

That's cr*p.

I bought a lot of things for my business and if I decide to sell them because they are now surplus to requirement that's not breaking any rules and would quite likely be doing someone a favour.

Buying items and selling them on purely as a business transaction for profit is a very different matter and it seems the "offender" in this case did not do that.

I think if I had felt as strongly about it I would have dropped the member a pm asking if he was aware he might be breaking the rules before sounding off in a new thread.

Life is too short surely!

Lons":x4xgfuxd said:
carpyone":x4xgfuxd said:
the items were purchased by a business (recently)and are being sold by a business solely for its benefit so clearly breaking the rules.

That's cr*p.

I bought a lot of things for my business and if I decide to sell them because they are now surplus to requirement that's not breaking any rules and would quite likely be doing someone a favour.

Buying items and selling them on purely as a business transaction for profit is a very different matter and it seems the "offender" in this case did not do that.

I think if I had felt as strongly about it I would have dropped the member a pm asking if he was aware he might be breaking the rules before sounding off in a new thread.

Life is too short surely!

I purely used the Abranet as an example , the rules are clear see here -
1 - Private posts only.
No commercial or business adverts, there is provision for such through the Premier Posts option; deliberate use of the section to offload surplus equipment purchased in job lots, bulk wood stock purchases etc. that show signs of member trading or family business surpluses will be considered as not in the spirit of the facility. Although members comments about having obtained surplus stock of timber elsewhere on UKW are acceptable, (we all like to Gloat at times) wording such posts in a manner that indicates a test for viability to trade or possibility of selling via UKW threads will be treated in the same way as commercial posts in FS.

So the rules as has already been confirmed by the mods don't apply to everyone and are taken on a post by post basis .

carpyone":3rexoqc3 said:
MikeG.":3rexoqc3 said:

Has me being or not being a member before have any relevance to my original question ?........

Yes, it has. You were offered the chance to deny you are a sock puppet, and didn't take it. I think it safe therefore to assume you are a disgruntled former member who has returned with the sole aim of making a point about why you are disgruntled. When you referred to people who had left over this issue, you were talking about yourself.

What was your previous forum name?

carpyone":1d47n525 said:
.......The good thing is we have the answer and that is that the forum has rules but the mods can over ride them as they see fit .

No, that's not what was said, and this is a dishonest claim.

If you are so angry with the forum that you return solely to attack it, shamelessly mis-representing what is posted in the process, then I'd suggest you might be better off in your workshop than in front of your computer.

Back