rubbish landing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just goes to show you what a well placed outhouse will do for you...
Must remember to check the gas gauge before takeoff...

I've heard of a 'Barrel Roll' but not a toilet roll Kevin, is it always done at such low levels? :lol:

Roy.

Digit":jxv8izs3 said:
150ft and he tried to turn back?!!!

Roy.

It's called 'GetYouHome-itis'.

Just because you can still see the airfield lulls you into thinking that you can turn safely and land ignoring the fact that you may not even have flying speed and be flying a brick. The recommended option is to land straight ahead and glide in. DAMHIKT - the first bit not the sensible second option.

tbh it's quite clever of him to identify the porta-loos and then land on them. In that situation I'd be too busy saying my prayers.

At that height Roger turning was almost suicidal, I don't how many degrees he had to turn but he was certainly going to lose height in the turn.
As you say 'straight ahead', let's face it, airfields normally prevent much building in that sort of area for just that sort of eventuality.
Somebody was certainly looking after him that day.

Roy.

If you look on the NTSB web site you would be astonished at the number of private aircraft accidents there is in America per day, sometimes 20 this time of the year. Of course he may have crapped himself and was try to be a clean living guy.

Back