RSDE1 EXTRACTOR

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonebas

Reaction score
Hello everyone, bit of electrical help if possible.

I have an RSDE1 extractor, which I have owned for about 2 years and which I am using to extract from my new SIP table saw. Tonight, when I switched it on, it went BANG. I thought that the motor had exploded but as I went to switch it off at the mains I realised that the motor was still running. I switched off the machine and looked inside and could see nothing wrong. I cleaned it up and switched on the motor and it ran OK for a while so I put it back together. However, when I switched it on again it went BANG again!!

When I dismantled the extractor again I noticed that a small part was blackened and had split. The item is a moulded part which has three wires from it, two black and one earth but I dont seem to be able to find any reference to it as a replacement part. Does anyone know what this part is and where I can get a replacement.

Thanks.

Stonebas

Stonebas,
Ring Record spares dept. The part is the motor suppressor and costs about £8 from them.

Philip

Best of luck Stonebas Record is the place to go.
I hope none of our American friends (particularly the females) read your post. :wink:

Contacted Record who delivered a new motor suppressor within 3 days - good service and not too expensive at £9 - extractor up and running again. Many thanks for the advice PJ and Devonwoody.

Stonebas

Latest posts

Back