Routering

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenf

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been occasionally dropping in on a site for routering information, but I have never seen the site mentioned on this forum. So just in case others don't know of it, it is www.patwarner.com .

It is an american site run by, I believe, a one man business, but he seems to know routers and routering inside out, especially the jigs and ancillary equipment side and the tips that make jobs easier or more accurate.

One tip item gleaned from delving into the site was to set -up the router in a table for the maximum depth of cut required, then add 1/4" layers of mdf on top of the table (with a cut-out in each for the cutter) and run the work on that. Repeat the passes after removing the mdf layers one by one. So simple I don't know why I haven't thought of it or seen it mentioned elsewhere. It saves all that rummaging under the table adjusting the cutter height. It also ensure the true verticality is not compromised with each adjustment.

Anyway, if you all know of the site, I'm sorry I have wasted your time; (but then why didn't you mention it for me?)

Ken I am a big fan of Pat Warner's work. I often look at his website and have read his articles on FWW.com. I would like to look at the literature and 'cd's' he sells but he makes it extremely hard to do business with him. He only accepts money orders or US cheques which makes it near impossible. Although he seems to develop his own site, he's a bit behind with technology. I suspect he does not trust PayPal which is a shame.

He RT Fence looks the business!

Yeah it is a very interesting site and I am pretty sure it has been mentioned on here before, but lost in the mass of posts.

And here is a working link for those who don't want to type it in ;)

kenf":22d1gtr2 said:
I have been occasionally dropping in on a site for routering information, but I have never seen the site mentioned on this forum. So just in case others don't know of it, it is www.patwarner.com

It is an american site run by, I believe, a one man business, but he seems to know routers and routering inside out, especially the jigs and ancillary equipment side and the tips that make jobs easier or more accurate.

One tip item gleaned from delving into the site was to set -up the router in a table for the maximum depth of cut required, then add 1/4" layers of mdf on top of the table (with a cut-out in each for the cutter) and run the work on that. Repeat the passes after removing the mdf layers one by one. So simple I don't know why I haven't thought of it or seen it mentioned elsewhere. It saves all that rummaging under the table adjusting the cutter height. It also ensure the true verticality is not compromised with each adjustment.

Anyway, if you all know of the site, I'm sorry I have wasted your time; (but then why didn't you mention it for me?)

:)

Back