Router ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi , People

Any advice on the best router to be permanently fixed in a table

I have read some plunge type units block up with dust ?

is it best to have a fixed router and a lift / wind up and down insert ?

and I assume the bigger the power the better ?

This will be my first table so its all new to me :oops:

Thanks

I like the triton but it needed a through the table fine height adjuster.

I think the best has to be the big festool one. Has all the features including a super cool ratchet spindle. But its really expensive and you'd have to do a lot of table routing as its so huge and heavy its not ideally suited to hand routing.

Personally I'd get any old decent half inch router, get an extension for it and couple it with the axminster router lift system.

OPJ":30j731io said:
Dom seems to rate the Trend T11 above all others - see this video. :wink:

Ill second that, Trend T11EK Best router there is!! I have this under my table and ill use it hand held even though i have 2 other routers!

Through the table high adjuster or hight adjuster from under the table, its up to you. I prefer through the table adjuster!

If you have the space get a spindle moulder ideally one that will also take router bits. The cutters are generally cheaper than router bits and you are not limited to available profiles

Chems":h69zuuop said:
I like the triton but it needed a through the table fine height adjuster.

I think the best has to be the big festool one. Has all the features including a super cool ratchet spindle. But its really expensive and you'd have to do a lot of table routing as its so huge and heavy its not ideally suited to hand routing.

Personally I'd get any old decent half inch router, get an extension for it and couple it with the axminster router lift system.

Do you know the model number of the big Festool router ?

I found the extension on the Axi site
http://www.axminster.co.uk/cmt-router-c ... prod29824/

is this the one you mean ?

Also cant find the axminster router lift system on the site ?

Thanks

Allen

I like my T11. It's on an aluminium plate, and you _can_ do cutter change above the table, just about. The height adjustment works well.

One thing: if you do get one, get a second collet nut for the 1/4" collet, or three if you use 8mm too. It's the same as the DeWalt in that regard. You can snap the collets out, but it's hard and risks damaging them. Easier to keep the collet permanently in the nut and swap both.

Another vote for the Triton from me.

Used one for years in a record table - Super set up IMHO

Rog

Latest posts

Back