Router Woes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I bought my first router a while ago a Makita RP2301FC and recently bought an Axminster Router Table, i’m struggling to attach the router to the base of the table, do I have to buy a special base plate for my make and model or am I missing something here?

Previously I’ve drilled router plates to match the threaded holes in the router base, countersinking the holes & attaching the two with countersunk bolts, I don’t have personal experience of the makes you have but can’t see why this wouldn’t be a feasible option :unsure:

Previously I’ve drilled router plates to match the threaded holes in the router base, countersinking the holes & attaching the two with countersunk bolts, I don’t have personal experience of the makes you have but can’t see why this wouldn’t be a feasible option :unsure:

that’s definitely something i didn’t consider! i’m sure that’s what i’ll have to do, thank you for the help.

HI kc1 not agreeing or disagreeing with Doug ;)but before you start drilling which Axminster Router Table did you get?

Yes agree with Doug :) please get yourself some Allen Key type, as below and are better than screwdriver types. Remove the router base then make sure the thread size but guess they will be metric that suits and length to suit router base thread. Get the bolts first then drill to ensure you get the right countersink angle. Be carful and make sure you don't heat up the plastic else you will be fine.

M4 M5 M6 M8 A2 STAINLESS COUNTERSUNK SOCKET SCREW ALLEN KEY BOLTS SCREWS DIN7991 | eBay

Yes agree with Doug :) please get yourself some Allen Key type, as below and are better than screwdriver types. Remove the router base then make sure the thread size but guess they will be metric that suits and length to suit router base thread. Get the bolts first then drill to ensure you get the right countersink angle. Be carful and make sure you don't heat up the plastic else you will be fine.

M4 M5 M6 M8 A2 STAINLESS COUNTERSUNK SOCKET SCREW ALLEN KEY BOLTS SCREWS DIN7991 | eBay

Thankyou ozzieguy65! you’ve been a great help, off to the e of bay for me 😁

Its a bit more cash to spend but you could invest in an aluminium plate to replace the plastic one. UJK 10mm Aluminium Router Table Insert. I have the folding table and I added the plate and the better fence and it works well.

thanks for the tip Keith, it says that the UJK is sold out :( so I'll probably go for the Trend alumnium plate when I can.

Back