router+table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louis

Reaction score
dear forum,

i am quite a novice at routing (i binned my last router the other day, a craftsman i bought in 1978) and i would like to buy a good router.
i saw the following deal:

CRT Router Table
CRT/FP Fixing Plate
CRT/10 Spring Pressure Clamp
CRT/11Side Pressure Clamp
T30/22 Hose To Connect To T30
T11EK Trend Router
T30 Trend Dust Extractor

for £ 474.98 incl. vat and delivery.
my main aim is to do kitchenwork (raised panel doors, worktops etc.) and cabinets.
is this setup a good one for this sort of work (especially the table)
or is there a better setup in this price range.
i hope someone can advice me.

louis

That looks like a good deal, based on the individual prices of the components, but I think you'd be better off making your own table, as many on here have done. There are many advantages to having a deeper setup (front to back measurement) than being restricted by the depth of the ready-made tables.

I've no experience of the router involved (I'm a Triton owner), or the extractor, but again, there are several on here who will be able to comment.

Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

Ray.

Hi Louis,

Welcome to the forum. :D

As Ray says that looks like a good deal. I have an old Trend router table, the top is on the small size and when the tuit presents itself a shop built one will replace it. I have a MDF false top fitted to give more support for the draw fronts I an currently making.
I only have the baby Trend T3 router, the big Triton has all of my table needs covered.
B&Q do a workshop vacuum with power take off, its not as nice as the Trend one but it is only £60.

Hi Louis,

The router and extractor you mention are first class and generally seem to get good write ups.

Like others have said I would make your own table with storage below for all the bits and pieces that will accumulate - not difficult and very satisfying and usually a lot better than the entry level tables you can buy.

Rgds, Paul :D

Oh, and use the money you save on the table to get an Xtreme Xtension which will transform the whole experience in use !

:D

Back