Router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timberfix

Reaction score
Hi all,
does anybody use a Record Power router table ? Been looking at them and would appreciate any feedback :duno:

Hi,
if you mean the RPMS-R then I have been setting up the Charnwood W015 which is pretty much identical. These tables are badged up by a number of places. Can't really comment on use yet as this weekend will be the first time I use it. I got mine used and for the price I paid I would have struggled to get a reasonable insert and any sort of table. For those that don't know these tables they are about 1/3 cast iron where the router passes through and about 2/3 aluminium sliding table. There is no insert just a hole with reducong rings and a set of 4 clamps on the underside to hold your router. Fitting the router is a little tricky and not something you would want to do every day. The latest ones have a modification on the clamps and a centring tool to make the process much easier so the clamps can be set up once and then easily removed and replaced. I had a centring disc made by an on line laser cutting service for a few quid which some of the later models also offer. I've put a Triton Tra001 in mine and it fits nicely. The cast iron top is thicker than most plates so I understand some routers may need a collet extension to get full depth. The Triton plunges deep though and I can easily change bits from the top. To access the router the whole top pivots up on gas struts allowing easy access although I can get to the Triton fine without having to lift the table. What I can't use is the height adjustment from the top of the table unless I drill a hole in the top which I could do but right now dont intend to. Later models of this type have a different fence system but I have a split fence which looks OK but appears to be the main criticism I've seen. I'll see how it goes as I don't think it would be difficult to improve. If I was buying new I personally would not buy the Record version as it appears to be the most expensive badge and in truth if I had £400+ I would probably look elsewhere. I like the look of the UKJ table or as no doubt you will be told here to consider building your own. For me I don't have the time and need to get the job done.

I have the UKJ table, but with the lifting mechanism its expensive, but is brilliant IMO and worth every penny.

Mike

Sorry for the delay chaps, been out all day. The UKJ and Trend tables look very nice although very expensive too. The Charnwood does look similar to the Record Power i would agree but, not much difference in the price, would be interested to hear how you get on with it Porker.
As far as building my own goes, are there any designs on the forum that i could look at ?

The smaller benchtop trend router table (CRT/MK3) is now on amazon for £179.

I bought this at the higher price of £209 on Saturday and it was delivered Sunday. Built it yesterday and it works great (with the trend t11 i also bought).

I rang amazon today when I saw the price had dropped £30 and they have just refunded me the difference. They don't do this as standard now, but i guess it pays to complain.

There is no t track, it has mitre slots. So you're effectively paying £40 for some feather boards, cause that table is undoubtedly garbage!

A bit harsh if you have never seen it, but possibly better than mounting a router in a bit of plywood.

Mike

normally ~ £30 mark at Lidl/Aldi if you just want to scavenge bits off it

looks a bit rubbish tbh

Do you already own a router to put in your table?

Most important thing before you buy the table/router table is to make sure your router will fit as manufacturers like to make their tables proprietary.

Back