router table parts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyb

Established Member
Reaction score
i am in the (enjoyable) process of building a router table ala norm..
having successfully made and laminated the top and the main part of the fence(the L) i now need to buy a router plate and also come up with an arrangement to clamp the fence and also the sliding parts of the fence. norm uses a t slot cutter with some t nuts on the fence faces and a larger tee nut in a routed groove to clamp the fence. any suggestions on good ways to accomplish these tasks and where the parts are available in the uk. also what router plates have people used. i was thinking the rousseau looks fine for £26.

JB

It would help if you let us know what router you are going to use on the table, and what are you doing for the height of the router adjustment?

i will be fitting a big triton and will just use the inbuilt adjustment no lifts, just a simple phenolic plate with inserts. what is the best way to drill the plate accurately.

The Rousseau works for me using the same router.

Slight hijack....does anyone know if the Rousseau comes with different size grey inserts to cater for different cutter sizes? If it does then I'll have to hunt harder :oops:

all this information is superb and very useful. i am going to cut the rebate using a template cutter and ron foxes method via wealden site seems very straightforward. i have ordered the axminster plate along with the t track and bolts. i think i will fabricate the t bolts to suit for the sliding fence plates put in t slots ala norm. i found a sign made of phenolic about 5 mm thick with routed letters and i have used this on the fence plates( with the letters glued to the mdf and hidden) i am not sure how to attach the fence to the top. a clamp with no grooves seems really simple(good) but i do have a 37mm top. i have a rebate cutter that would make cutting double slots like norm fairly easy but i would have to fabricate 2 t bolts. ps does the triton need to have a dust extraction chamber or could you use the built in port? any good ideas for behind the fence extraction.

Back