Router table lift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hebislander

Reaction score
I have a Kreg router table and I am looking for a compatible lift to fit it. The router I use is a Hitachi M12VE. I can't get a kreg lift in this country and anyway they are primarily made for the PC7518. Has any body got any Ideas on what to look for or can I do some modification to my exspensive table to get something to fit? Or does it look like I will have to think about another router?

Ron

hebislander":117gfeft said:
I have a Kreg router table and I am looking for a compatible lift to fit it. The router I use is a Hitachi M12VE. I can't get a kreg lift in this country and anyway they are primarily made for the PC7518. Has any body got any Ideas on what to look for or can I do some modification to my exspensive table to get something to fit? Or does it look like I will have to think about another router?

Ron

Ron
I have a Jessem table and their router lift, so I have no experience of Kreg. Jessem's ROUT-R-LIFT II model 02312 is stated as compatible with Hitachi Routers M12VC-KM2VC, the relevant webpage can be found here http://www.jessem.com/ROUT-R-LIFT_II.html

I sourced my older version from Rutlands, http://www.rutlands.co.uk/workshop-&-po ... out-r-lift who currently have a 15% off sale using code 747 and free delivery, although whether that applies to where you are may be a different matter :) .

My lift has a master ring that attaches the router to the lift, this has numerous fixing holes in patterns to suit different routers, having looked in my user manual there is a fixing pattern for a Hitachi M12V. According to the manual the aluminium plate that sits in the table is 14.75 x 11.75 inches and three sixteenths of an inch thick, I don't know how that compares to the aperture in your Kreg table.

The Jessem lift is very good and was easy to set up, there are others from Woodpecker etc but I have no experience of these.

If I can help anymore let me know.
Simon

Thanks for the advice,
I have searched for a solution and have come up with, forget about a lift for now and by myself a T11ek as they are easy to adjust from above the table (alledgedly). The measurment of the Kreg lift plate is 11 3/4 x 9 1/4. So I will wait and see how I get on with my new Trend. any body know how this works above the table is it only adjusting the hieght or can you change bits as well.
All exciting stuff if nothing else
Ron

hebislander":3i8sz7ym said:
Thanks for the advice,
I have searched for a solution and have come up with, forget about a lift for now and by myself a T11ek as they are easy to adjust from above the table (alledgedly). The measurment of the Kreg lift plate is 11 3/4 x 9 1/4. So I will wait and see how I get on with my new Trend. any body know how this works above the table is it only adjusting the hieght or can you change bits as well.
All exciting stuff if nothing else
Ron

Hmmn, I think that you will need a collet extension too. As depending on the plate/table thickness your bits may be too short. I have a venerable ELU 1/2 inch shank router and it used to drive me mad, mounting and dismounting it from the the table just to change the router bit, or crawling under the table! I have the Xtreme Xtension (terrible name) but it is really easy to change bits and comes with a quarter inch collet adapter so that you can switch between shank sizes without any hassle, a quick slacken or nip-up with the allen key and away you go. There are other designs too, the names of which escape me.

I have never used the Trend router so I can't comment on its ease of use, maybe someone else will, but the ease of adjusting height is probably not relating to when it is mounted under a table.

Simon

As Simon says, the Trend T11 and XX are a great package, work very well indeed and transform the use of a router table for a very modest investment (although less so if you need to buy the new router of course!).

Cheers, Paul

Thanks eveyone ordered the T11 it's on its way, can you give me a site for the Xteme xtention Iv'e seen them on one of the sites Iv'e been on today but can't find it again.

Cheers Ron.

Yes I use one with my DW625 - it works a treat and gives great control.
I cannot see a reason to buy the more expensive alternative?
Operated through a hole in the router plate using a cranked handle - I use a Trend gauge to measure the height.

Rod

Bit late now for the OP but anyone else thinking of a new router and table might like to investigate the Triton MOF001 router. I have one installed in a home-made table. It has it's own built in lifting device accessed through the usual hole in the table, does not need an extension piece and self locks when fully raised for one spanner, one handed bit changes. It has collets for 1/4", 8mm and 1/2" cutters. Also has soft-start and electronic speed control.

Back