Router table insert plate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jervisekken

Established Member
Reaction score
I am planning to get the Triton router (large model) for a router table I am building, the so-called "Norm's table": http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct.php?0301

I would be grateful for any advice on which insert plate to use for this router.

Thanks,
Geir

PS
My location is Norway and it's quite depressing reading the prices for this machine:
US : 200 $
UK: less than 200 £
Norway: no importer but a few new machines were imported by a carpenter. He wanted 400 £.

I am coming over....

Geir":35lsy9fl said:
I am planning to get the Triton router (large model) for a router table I am building, the so-called "Norm's table": http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct.php?0301

I would be grateful for any advice on which insert plate to use for this router.

Thanks,
Geir

PS
My location is Norway and it's quite depressing reading the prices for this machine:
US : 200 $
UK: less than 200 £
Norway: no importer but a few new machines were imported by a carpenter. He wanted 400 £.

I am coming over....

The way the dollar is you could have a vacation in the USA and buy your tools here and save money too....when I went to buy my Domino ,a German guy bought the last one on the shelve...said he came over to do a small job for a friend and saw the American price and couldn`t help himself..bought it on the spot,said he could use it here and take it home and sell it for quite a bit more..I had to wait for the restocking of the product...and its a 75 mile trip for me one way.Gas has been climbing daily here 5.55 a galleon lately.I get 17 mph on my truck.

lurker":1om0ad8t said:
Grinding One":1om0ad8t said:
Gas has been climbing daily here 5.55 a galleon lately.I get 17 mph on my truck.

We are paying the equivelent of just under $12

Yea but I`m only 30 miles from the refinery....I think the government wants to use all the other countrys oil then pump ours out...according to my brother who was a geologist (looks for oil) ...we have a large bit of oil in our own backyards.

Grinding,

This might come a a shock but whilst we are a tiny place we too have our own oil (well the Jocks do at any rate!)
And guess what? we have automobiles over here too!!

lurker":2l73tlm9 said:
Grinding,

This might come a a shock but whilst we are a tiny place we too have our own oil (well the Jocks do at any rate!)
And guess what? we have automobiles over here too!!

Every time I see England in the news their on Bike`s,Bobbies too....I guess you have to do what you have to do.Rich people run both countrys and really don`t want anyone else to have what they have.
I had an English Gentelman stop over at my house...he stated he`s not far from either coast East or West...so I`m guessing he`s somewhere in the middle of your country.He said he rides a motorcycle to and from his work.

Bobbies on bikes!!!
Blimey mate! you have been watching some old films.
I can't remember the last time I saw a copper using his legs for motion
Most police are in cars or at desks.
By the way has anyone ever seen a policeman on his/her own in the past 10 years?

Granted,we are a bit more inclined to use shanks pony ( slang for walking :lol: ) but its because fuel has always been expensive here (80%+taxed).

I visit friends in philadelphia and find it rather funny that folks there will park at a shopping mall; go shopping & then drive ( all of 100yards) to the other end of the parking lot to shop again.

My friends home is about 300yards from a nice place to visit (Audabon's - the bird bloke, home). We walked and a passing Police car pulled up and asked us what the hell we were doing :lol:
When we spoke ( and he realised we were weird aliens) he got back in his car & left.

By the way has anyone ever seen a policeman on his/her own in the past 10 years?

Yes! I don't think our local force has enough staff to send them out in greater numbers! :lol:

Roy.

Back