Router Insert - Interested?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
studders":16nyze8k said:
luciano45":16nyze8k said:
Ps. How do I pay?

Send me the cash, I'll see he gets it. :)

Yeah - don't forget the admin fee that Studders will be charging and the handling fee. :lol: :lol:

Seriously - Luciano, will let you know what's we have exact numbers and pricing.

Regards

Dibs

I'm in for a steel one.

Dibs-h":4zcepoqn said:
Steel
1. Orcamesh
2. shipbadger
3. Alex
4. Alex
5. clk230
6. JamesC
7. James J
8. Fluffflinger
9. cutting42
10. MickCheese
11. Hobbyshop
12. FuryJohn

Aluminium
1. Studders *
2. Marcros
3. Mark Aspin *
4. Jensmith

Either
1.??

* - flexible if need be

Dibs-h":t3ds41lj said:
Steel
1. Orcamesh
2. shipbadger
3. Alex
4. Alex
5. clk230
6. JamesC
7. James J
8. Fluffflinger
9. cutting42
10. MickCheese
11. Hobbyshop
12. FuryJohn
13. Luciano

Aluminium
1. Studders *
2. Marcros
3. Mark Aspin *
4. Jensmith

Either
1.??

* - flexible if need be

Could I change my mind please and go with the Aluminium version if you get sufficient interest?

Obviously happy to revert to steel if there is not enough interest in the Alu.

Dibs-h":722aeux3 said:
Steel
1. Orcamesh
2. shipbadger
3. Alex
4. Alex
5. clk230
6. JamesC
7. James J
8. Fluffflinger
9. cutting42
10. MickCheese
11. FuryJohn
12. Luciano

Aluminium
1. Studders *
2. Marcros
3. Mark Aspin *
4. Jensmith
5. Hobbyshop *

Either
1.??

* - flexible if need be

Having changed my mind already I am curious what others see as advantages/disadvantages of either material. This is my take on it:

Steel:
Thinner
Stronger
Less likely to scratch
More rust prone

Aluminium:
Looks nicer
Less resonant
Rust proof
Easier to drill and work

I've asked for 5 sets of Aluminium to be quoted - as we might not necessarily make 10. Should hopefully have something back tomorrow - now that the chap I deal with at the laser cutters is back.

Dibs

Dibs-h":lrpcb309 said:
Steel
1. Orcamesh
2. shipbadger
3. Alex
4. Alex
5. clk230
6. JamesC
7. James J
8. Fluffflinger
9. cutting42
10. MickCheese
11. FuryJohn
12. Luciano

Aluminium
1. Studders *
2. Marcros
3. Mark Aspin *
4. Jensmith
5. Hobbyshop *
6. uk woodman

Either
1.??

* - flexible if need be

Update on prices -

Plates - A set being

- 1 Plate
- 1 Disc (no hole)
- 1 Ring - 30mm Hole
- 1 Ring - 50mm Hole

Comes to approx £20 for Mild Steel and £25 for Aluminium. The prices aren't quite as low as last time - but last time we had almost 40 sets and material\energy prices have gone up, and the machine shop now charges more.

Do folk want this doing this side of Xmas or in the New Year? In the New Year, might mean a few more folk - but could just as well mean less - Xmas an' all!

Dibs

p.s. I can start a Google Spreadsheet with the necessary info.

Not fussed when, I don't have an urgent need for it yet but prices may go up again next year.

cutting42":31bb7ham said:
Not fussed when, I don't have an urgent need for it yet but prices may go up again next year.

same. is it worth setting a time- when we have x people on the list, then we will order?

Yes prices are likely to go up next year as with all things.

We have a minimum of 10 for the M\S and at least 5 for AL - so can proceed on that basis. Shall we draw a line in the sand for next Sunday? Sort out the reddies the following week and with a bit of luck have it all put to bed around Nov end\Dec start.

Cheers

Dibs

Dibs-h":owpx0mi9 said:

We have a minimum of 10 for the M\S and at least 5 for AL - so can proceed on that basis. Shall we draw a line in the sand for next Sunday? Sort out the reddies the following week and with a bit of luck have it all put to bed around Nov end\Dec start.

Cheers

Dibs

Hi Dibs

I'm in no rush so whenever you think is best is fine with me. Just let me know when you want some dosh.

I asked earlier if my steel plate could be 2mm longer along the longest edge, but I guess this is probably out of the question?

No problem if it can't be I will just have a slight gap which I can fill with something.

thanks for all your hard work
Steve

Dibs-h":2fr4l7a6 said:
..... Shall we draw a line in the sand for next Sunday? Sort out the reddies the following week and with a bit of luck have it all put to bed around Nov end\Dec start.

Cheers

Dibs

Suits me Sir. :)

I might jump in myself this time :D just gotta check the measurements of my Rousseau phenolic plate to see if it will be a straight swap, guessing it will be. After all the stuff about sagging plates I think I will just change mine anyway (not used it yet :lol: )

Are there any advantages to ali over steel and visa versa I was going for ali but a lot of people seem to be going for steel

Steel:
Thinner
Stronger
Less likely to scratch
More rust prone

Aluminium:
Looks nicer
Less resonant
Rust proof
Easier to drill and work

Dibs-h":1c37a06v said:

Cheers

Dibs

Those timings are fine with me.
Will you be taking payment through Paypal?

Many thanks for taking the trouble to organise this.

Back