Axminster / UJK Router Table Insert Rings 3D Printed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenpez

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been a big fan of Axminster Tools for many years now, and I've owned multiple tools and machinery, both craft and trade. I recently purchased an Axminster Cabinet Router Table (107092) with the UJK Aluminium Table Insert Plate (502748). I'm pleased with the products and happy with the quality, although they did only come with one sized plastic insert included. I wanted the full set of 4 Plastic Insert Rings (107055) for the table plate, but they are out of stock and have been for a while now. I completely understand that this may be due to the Covid-19 situation, and getting supply from overseas. I'm aware these inserts are available in Phenolic. However, the set of plastic rings are much cheaper.

I decided to 3D model and print my own set as it was likely these would not be coming back into stock for a long time. It took a couple of test prints to get the fitment right, but they're perfect and virtually identical to the originals. Doing this also allows me to customize the hole size to a specific size if I needed to.

I just wanted to share this to show how handy 3D printing can be! I'd be happy to provide a set if anyone needs them.

Axminster Router Table Insert Printed Set.jpg
Axminster Router Table Insert Comparison.jpg

I have a Rutlands router insert in an old size and they don’t sell the inserts any more - I don’t suppose I could commission you to make me a set that would fit mine, do you?

Hi everyone,

I've been a big fan of Axminster Tools for many years now, and I've owned multiple tools and machinery, both craft and trade. I recently purchased an Axminster Cabinet Router Table (107092) with the UJK Aluminium Table Insert Plate (502748). I'm pleased with the products and happy with the quality, although they did only come with one sized plastic insert included. I wanted the full set of 4 Plastic Insert Rings (107055) for the table plate, but they are out of stock and have been for a while now. I completely understand that this may be due to the Covid-19 situation, and getting supply from overseas. I'm aware these inserts are available in Phenolic. However, the set of plastic rings are much cheaper.

I decided to 3D model and print my own set as it was likely these would not be coming back into stock for a long time. It took a couple of test prints to get the fitment right, but they're perfect and virtually identical to the originals. Doing this also allows me to customize the hole size to a specific size if I needed to.

View attachment 101201

I just wanted to share this to show how handy 3D printing can be! I'd be happy to provide a set if anyone needs them.

View attachment 101202View attachment 101203
I have been watching the rutlands site for these to come back in stock, if these fit my new rutlands insert I'd like a set made for me please,

Attachments

• 20210114_111602.jpg
    20210114_111602.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 15
Hi,

I can happily do a set for rutlands. Could either of you send me some accurate dimensions of the plastic inserts? or if any of you are willing to post a existing one to me that would be better. These axminster ones are 98mm in diameter and I believe the Rutlands ones are 90mm.

Send me a private message so we can arrange this (y)

Hi,

I can happily do a set for rutlands. Could either of you send me some accurate dimensions of the plastic inserts? or if any of you are willing to post a existing one to me that would be better. These axminster ones are 98mm in diameter and I believe the Rutlands ones are 90mm.

Id be more than willing to send you one of the rutland ones

Hi,

Interesting - my Rutlands ones are 98mm... they don’t appear to be the current size. Perhaps you could take a look at the back of this and see if you think they’ll match? Thickness is 7mm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 16
Thank you to everyone interested in these. If you have a different branded router plate please let me know and I should be able to provide rings that fit.

I've put two listings up on eBay, one for the Axminster sized rings and one for the Rutlands sized ones. I've been told the Rutlands will also fit a JessEm branded plate too.

Back