Router for handheld use

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Johnboy exactly what I said the T5 is badly made I never noticed the plunge play but there are lots of other problems with mine and its my second one.

I think I would go for the Mafell one if I was you Eric or pay more and get Festool.

I paid around £190 for my ELU 96e many years ago and it was the best router ever made in my opinion and lots of other peoples opinions, so I suppose with inflation you should be looking at spending £300 or more now days to get a decent router.

Anyone who tells you the T5 is good is either not a professional or has been lucky enough to find a good one.

Well I just came here to say Ive just bought a Triton MOF001 and Ive found Chipp and John telling me not to go for the T5. Good job I didnt. :lol: The Triton is being so well regarded with no faults that Ive heard of so I thought it would be a safe bet.
I got it with postage to Northern Ireland for £148 so I done well, most shops were asking £20 for delivery and one was asking £30 :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:!! Who in their right mind?

OPJ":1a8zizmt said:
What about the new Bosch GKF 600 model, the one styled like a laminate trimmer, if it's only for small work? It has had some very good reviews recently.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=577715&name=bosch+router&user_search=1&sfile=1&jump=0

I thought I read somewhere that it came with an 8mm collet, but there's no mention of it on Axminster's site?

Hi,
I bought a GKF 600 because Bosch's website indicated it would take an 8mm collet,important to me as I have a lot of 8mm shank cutters.I even ordered the 8 mm collet when I bought it but Bosch are being 'economical with the truth'. There are 2 model of the GKF600. The UK model has a motor shaft bored and tapered to take only a 1/4" collet and cutters but the model for the rest of Europe ( and anywhere where the metric systyem is the norm) has a motor shaft machined to take a 6mm and 8mm collet which are supplied as standard. No where is this explained and few , if any dealers know. I phoned Bosch and complained and was told by thier marketing dept that I was the first person ever to complain about this . They are now supplying me with a German version. I had to use my very limited GCE French to find out that there were 2 GKF 600 model numbers from Bosch Powertools french language website.
It is a good mini router and better than the Dewalt equivalent and very easy to use for light edge moulding and grooving with the included fence.
Regards,Barry.

Latest posts

Back