Router bits with 6mm shank

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krysstel

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get hold of router bits with 6mm shanks in the UK ?
I am based in Norway and have an Elu MOF96 with a 6mm collett, not the usual UK 1/4".
I remember seeing another thread some months ago where the same question was raised, and answered, but despite various searches I cannot locate it now.

I already have many 6mm bits.
If I change the collet to 1/4" then I would have to (a) buy a 1/4" collet and (b) only use it with the 1/4" bits.
It's a lot less hassel to have one size collet (6mm) and one size of bits - don't you think ? :)
I can of course buy bits locally but their a lot cheaper in the UK and I'm sure it's possible to buy 6mm there.

Have you dried the your national Dewalt dealers as a lot of Elu/Dewalt is interchangable and a lot of the DW routers are listed as taking 6 to 8mm bits for the size of your router. they also show that the UK versions are supplied with 1/4" collets

Jason

Miles Tool and Machinery Centre will probably be able to sort you out. I have 6mm, 1/4" and 8mm collets for my T5, the 8mm is for Woodrat cutters, the 1/4" for normal cutters and the 6mm collet is a standard size of milling cutters which are vastly cheaper than router cutters and good for roughing out work as they all have spirals

Aidan

Latest posts

Back