router and table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stooby

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, my workshop is a shed. It's rather full and something I am on the look out for is a new router and a router table. I haven't got from for a router table, I would need something I can either put on my work bench or store under the bench and roll out (how that makes sense).
I would build one only I have never even used one so I am not sure what would make a good design.
I would intend to use it for now for boxes and frames, maybe working up only on size to small cabinets for jewellery.
I will also be looking for a new router so any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I made my own router table shortly after I started routing. I have four routers now and still use the original table for mounting two of them. The table sits atop of my workmate so when not in use can easily be stored. I looked at books and magazines to take the elements that I thought I would use and was able to build. My material cost was tiny so I had the intention of making a new one if needed, not had to yet, 18 years later, made a few modifications though. As for the router, depends on your budget and intended use. For many years I survived with an Elu MOF96E, there is a Dewalt and Trend Equivalent (T5) now, perhaps not as good but same features and plenty of spares and accessories available.

I've had one like this for years. Cheap, and it shows, but it's been fine for my requirements for years.

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/sp+woodwo...ed-router-table-with-height-adjustment+dk2080

Mine was different make however had cat iron top, extension wingspan variable speed.

Pros: easy height adjustment
No separate router required
Store under bench

Cons:
Cheap quality
Must use built in router

I've used mine couple of times a week for seven years and with maintenance is fine for me.
Got mine from machine mart.

Back