Rounding off edges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Weegie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have just made a bookcase for my daughters room. My question is how do you round off the edges of the wood so that they are not square. If that makes sense.

I'm using 18mm MDF

Do I use a router with a bit. If so what bit????
Or do I use something else.

Cheers

Use a router with a bearing guided rounding over bit.
They are available with a range of radii according to your application.
Wealden bits generally recommended here as a good comprise on quality and price.

hth

Bob

Do you mean the plinth bit, around the bottom?

Mark out symetrical, from a series on lines making a grid, then a selection of tins, plates, tuperare to get the curves. 8)

If you mean the rounding top and bottom of the top shelf /bottom shelf, a corner radius bit in a router, working from both sides would be how i would do it.

Hitch":ivv1anme said:

Mark out symetrical, from a series on lines making a grid, then a selection of tins, plates, tuperare to get the curves. 8)

If you mean the rounding top and bottom of the top shelf /bottom shelf, a corner radius bit in a router, working from both sides would be how i would do it.

Thats it. Thank you.

Trie to look on the net for a supplier of the router bits. All american sites. Any ideas where I can purchase in UK

The Weegie":2ee2x7ci said:
Hitch":2ee2x7ci said:

Thats it. Thank you.

Trie to look on the net for a supplier of the router bits. All american sites. Any ideas where I can purchase in UK

TRY this

http://www.wealdentool.com/acatalog/Rou ... ers_1.html

Back