Roubo style workbench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandy20

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

A couple of years ago I built a new workbench for my shop. It’s a Roubo inspired workbench, not the original, because I use a Record type vise.
I’m very happy with it because it’s very efficient in its use. Having the legs flush with the top lets you increase the clamping surface and also the sliding dead man serves a good job, holding long pieces that I need to hand plane.
Here are some pictures I took during the WIP.

Yesterday I completed the plan in metrical units for the construction. If you go to my blog you can freely download it. It’s a zip file that contains two files: the pdf plan and the SketchUp file.

If you are new to Google SketchUp, a free software, I suggest you to take a look at the video I prepared to explain the basic tools you can use to zoom, orbit, measure and more (once again, pardon my English….). Doing this you’ll take advantage of the 3D model that will dramatically increase the comprehension of the plan.

I hope you like it.

As always, comments are considered encouraging and so are well accepted.

Attachments

• HPIM1366.jpg
    HPIM1366.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,676
  • HPIM1308.jpg
    HPIM1308.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,676
  • HPIM1342.jpg
    HPIM1342.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,680
  • HPIM1378.jpg
    HPIM1378.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,675
  • PICT0427.jpg
    PICT0427.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,675
Thank you for your generosity in posting your pictures and sketchup plans of your bench, it is a neat and good design. It is of interest to me as I plan to make a new bench top including holes for bench dogs for my existing bench so this is very helpful for me as part of my design process.

Simon

Back