Robert Sorby "Robot Vantage Chuck"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayo.mick

Established Member
Reaction score
I've done a fair bit of searching but I'm afraid google has let me down this time! I found this thread here, chuck-help-please-t49041.html I bought this vantage chuck from Robert Sorby around 1997/98 I think it was. Robert Sorby were doing a weekend demonstration in Galway which I happened to be at where I bought the chuck for my lathe. I'm wondering if I can get extra jaws for it? Does anyone here know where I could get them? (I have the screw chuck adaptor that came with it). The Robot Vantage Chuck It seems to be not made anymore.

Attachments

• robert-sorby-robot-vantage-chuck-20161210_000844.JPG
    robert-sorby-robot-vantage-chuck-20161210_000844.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 901
  • robert-sorby-robot-vantage-chuck-20161210_000901.JPG
    robert-sorby-robot-vantage-chuck-20161210_000901.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 902
Fire off an email to Turners Retreat are also Robert Sorby and ask them. Would suspect that those
jaws are no longer available but you never know

Fred

Will do Fred, thanks. I sent an email to Robert Sorby last night but no reply as of yet. I'm kinda thinking now that there's not much chance of getting jaws for it. I think the cost of getting some made at my local engineering workshop would be as expensive as a new chuck.

Pretty sure there have been jaws for that chuck on the 'bay recently. Chap who seems to have a lot of chuck jaws of various sorts; there was at least one with that single screw fitting. But from memory, it was probably the same size as the one you already have.
Longish shot, but might it be possible to get an engineer to modify the existing jaw carriers to one of the other "standards" like the Nova or possibly Axminster

Back