Robert Sorby ProEdge Adventure

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a try with a Proedge the other night and I thought about how a long side grind could be done on it and I wonder if an extension could be made to lift the fingernail jig allowing for the chisel o sweep left without catching the motor?. There seems to be quite a few variables with it I`m sure its just hitting the right ones. Got me thinking of getting one of the ruddy things now just as I was getting used to me 447 :) I wonder if this grind would be easier with the chisels without handles like the new Sorby ones?.
Steve

yes I think it would be easier with handle-less chisels. I'm not sure if I'd like those handles tho, I do like the feel of wood. So far tho, I'm not finding the short grind a problem, particularly. The only thing that bugs me a bit is that the chisels now look like a fogs dinner with the various remnants of other grinds. It doesn't effect the turning at all tho really. Mind you, I'm finding the severe shear scrape that Mike Mahoney and Bill Grumbine do on their DVD's to be harder with this short grind. :roll: I'm just going to have to buy more bowl gouges. Tis a hard life... :lol:

I must get around to doing a woodworking tools review on it. Interested to see how tools cut/plane straight off the tool.

Hi wizer,

still following your proedge thread, hope to get one as well now i got in touch with robert sorby and asked for the proedge dvd and literature for the proedge, all has arrived and the dvd is quite good compared to the video's they have on the web.

rob

I had no idea there was a DVD! You would think that they would send one with every order. I'll get on to them, cheers.

Back