Ring clip replacement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Kcaj

Reaction score
Hi, I have lost the ring clip for the lower wheel of my bandsaw, which is a SIP 01545, 10". It has been discontinued, and SIP doesn't sell these replacements. Do you know where can I find them? The diameter of the shaft looks like 10 or 11 mm.

I found them on ebay, typing "Snap Retaining Rings Circlip Fastener ", there are internal and external, what's the difference? And can I mount them without pliers?

Internal fit inside a recess so are perfectly circular (with the gripping holes on the inside of the circumference. External have the gripping holes like lugs or tags on the outside - there is nothing for them to get in the way off. Yours is probably internal. You'll probably get in in without pliers (if it's internal) but you'll probably not get it off without them. If you look at the link the first page is all external but the penultimate one on the second page is internal.

I checked on the upper wheel, there is an external one. If the shaft is 10 mm, probably that means that the recess is 9 mm?

I don't know what you mean by a ring clip, is it a circlip with two holes at the ends of a circular spring steel devise, if it is let me know the dia and I will post one to you, PM me.

Mike

MikeJhn":2vycr034 said:
I don't know what you mean by a ring clip, is it a circlip with two holes at the ends of a circular spring steel devise, if it is let me know the dia and I will post one to you, PM me.

Mike
Yes, it's that circlip that is used at the end on the bandsaw wheel, so it doesn't fall off the shaft. No prob Mike, I will buy from ebay, thanks anyway.

Back