Result!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimG

Little Woodworm
Reaction score
Persuaded by my delightful daughter in law to join her in entering the craft section of the local county show I put in 4 items, 3 in the faceplate section, a neat little sycamore bowl, a coloured hollow form and the very large coloured hollow form.

Having last months entry for the challenge to hand I though I would put that in the "turned between centres" section.

First in this group was a spalted pedestal bowl.

The small Sycamore bowl took third

Third.jpg

The small Hollow form took second in the same group

Second.jpg

And the challenge entry "Essence of Egypt" took first in it's class!

first.jpg

Well chuffed as it is the first time I have ever entered anything in something like this. There were about a dozen other items in the first section and about 8 in the second, so not a huge field, but a good result nonetheless. :)

To add to the family success, Jen my daughter in law also took two first prizes with her jewelery entries, brandy all round! :D

Congratulations on your win and placings of the other two entries. Also Pass on congradulations to your daughter-in-law on her wins.

It is a great feeling when you get a win or placing in things like this. Will you now enter more

Good show all round Kim, think the excellent finish shown on entries has gone a long way to grabbing the judges attention.

I visited the craft section of Pembrokeshire County Show and saw and saw Kim's work as wellas the 'opposition'. They are superb and the photographs do not do them justice.
Russell.
P.S. Tq

The P.S. On my earlier message Should have said that the show is on tomorrow again if anybody. Is in West Wales. Pressed the submit button too soon.
Russell.

Well done Kym I have always been a fan of your work and by god you deserve all recognition you raise the bar on every piece you produce =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Regards
Bill

henton49er":1af21x9t said:
Well done, Kim. Entering the UK Workshop monthly Woodturning Challenge regularly has obviously had its benefits for you! LOL!

To be honest I thought that the piece Kim entered was going to win last months challenge. It just goes to show how wrong I could have been

Thanks for all the nice comments folks, much appreciated :)

You are right Mike, the monthly challenge is something many more members should have a go at as it really encourages you to "up your game" for want of a better phrase, I am completely certain that taking part in the challenge has been a great part of my general improvement over the last two years, not only in the stuff for the challenge itself but in my work overall. (Having said that I may not have time to do one for August, very busy month with one thing and another!)

Russ, how nice you were at the show! It's a real boost to hear you enjoyed the entries "in the flesh" thanks for that! :)

Cheers Bill. :D

Latest posts

Back