Resin removal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hemsby

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully a simple question, removing resin from blades, router bits etc (hammer)

Buy a proprietary cleaner, if so which one? or a home concoction, such as?

Thanks

Mr Muscle window and glass cleaner and a brass bristled brush, cheap and effective.

Pete

Racers":3bf3kcbs said:
Mr Muscle window and glass cleaner and a brass bristled brush, cheap and effective.

Pete

Great, have both of those. Bonus being if I use all the Mr Muscle, excellent reason for not cleaning the windows =D>

Thanks for the tip

All above are good.
Sort of.
But.

I have used oven cleaner, stainless-steel cleaner, in the past. Pretty much anything you might find underneath the kitchen sink. And I've demonstrated it on my DVDs.

But I have to admit that I have read that these things are not kind to tungsten carbide, and in particular the bond between the WC teeth and the plate blade itself. Ive never had a problem myself, and I don't often have to do this ritual, I'm just sayin'.

I have just tried the blade cleaner from Axminster, bit expensive but worked really well and smelled really nice :)

Doug

For cleaning router cutters etc. I simply use an old toothbrush dipped in meths - fast, effective and inexpensive - cheers, W2S

Diesel is one of the old methods for getting it off, small stuff goes in a glass jar over night and wipes clean in the morning, circular saw blades etc go in an an oven tin covered in it over night (only use glass or metal containers), removes most things I've found.

Latest posts

Back