Replacing collection bag on a HVLP dust extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received the same model today from Kendal's (ordered yesterday afternoon-arrived at lunchtime). Thought bag hanging might be a battle but was pleasantly pleased to get it attached in a couple of minutes with the aid of three strips of duck tape. I've added the Charnwood CF2024 Cartridge for added filtration, albeit that it was 65% of the cost of the extractor itself. :(
As I've upgraded the cloth filter I probably ought to replace the supplied cloth collector bag (which will presumably have the same 35 micron dust limit) with something less permeable. It's probably not a huge source of pollution but some dust might eventually leak out, particularly if it got a whack from something when it's fairly full

Mine doesn't live in the workshop (Shed). It's got it's own little home outside saving some pennies on buying the expensive filter. And there's no room for it inside the shed...

I do suggest using plastic bags rather than the supplied cloth bag. No messing about emptying the cloth bag. Just cable tie the plastic bag up and bin it. Midlandstoolsupplies do bags quite cheap.

I always buy plastic bags that are about 300mm to high for the machine, this allows you to make the inward turndown previously mentioned and gives you plenty of material to tie off the top when it's full. The other advantage is that you can fill nearly to the top and reduce the number of bag changes.

I have a similar question about the Axminster dust extractor. I'm not sure of the model number but it looks like this.
Dust extractor.JPG

Do I remove the collection bag to empty it? I have tried everything and just can't see how it comes off. Maybe I'll just have to use my vacuum cleaner to empty it.

Attachments

• Dust extractor.JPG
    Dust extractor.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 12
Back