REPLACEMENT GRINDING WHEEL

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beganasatree

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I use a Tormk T3 grinder and it is almost time to replace the grinding wheel,can anyone suggest a suitable replacement that is compatible with or better than the tormek sg-200??? I use the grinder to sharpen my turning tools and regrind the the odd wood chisel.All suggestions greatly received .

Peter

Do either of you know, or can you please measure the shaft diameter and length of shaft (clamping-washer-to-clamping-washer) on the Tormek for the grinding wheel?

I have a Dakota and I'd like to replace the wheel with something better, but I have a horrid feeling the Tormek ones are too different (thinner shaft and/or too wide a stone). You can't exactly drill out the centre hole of a grinding wheel!

E.

I replaced the grinding wheel on my slow-speed grinder with an Axminister one I sleeved the shaft with a couple of layers of heat-shrink to make it fit, it might also stop the shaft rusting and cracking the wheel.

Pete

Back