Replacement bearings.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garywayne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have obtained a home made lathe and want to replace the bearings. The ones in the motor are open, and I would like to replace with closed ones.(To keep the rubbish out).

I have been on the web and there are so many different types, closed with nylon, closed with metal, closed with a clearance.

The question is. Does anyone out there know what the hell I'm on about, and if so, can you advise me please?

ATB Gary.

Gary

Shielded or fully if you can find them at the right size, sealed bearings are what you need.

The type you are looking for will have the suffix 2RS or 2RSI in them, if you have got the sizes to hand I will let you have the part numbers as I'm sitting here at work surrounded by bearing catalogues :( :( :(

Thanks Tony, and srs.

I realise that I need sealed bearings, but I wasn't sure if I needed the ones with clearance or not, bearing in mind the speeds in which the bearing will be spinning.

The bearing is a 6203 (17x40x12)mm.

Thank you for such rapid response.

ALB Gary.

SKF list the 6203 2RS as haveing a speed rateing of around 19000 rpm (if the lathe is going that fast you are probaly in trouble anyway)

Simon

Back