Record TSPP250's Cast Iron Keeps You Fit (Revisited)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProShop

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Remember last week I posted this https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1781. And after all that running up and down the drive I've finally got it all assembled and working. And so far I'm very pleased with it. :D

.John
woodworkingmachines001.jpg

img39.jpg

Hi All,
I'll do a review if anyone is interested, after I've used it for a while.
I have cut some 3" X 5" softwood joinery quality timber (old money) and some 20mm Oak (new money). And what a revelation after my old machine.

John

John,

Fixit":2bddbedx said:
I do a review if anyone is interested, after I've used it for a while.

Of course we are interested, the more reviews we have the better informed our future purchases are :D

Hi John

Now that looks like a very nice piece equipment.
I for one am a great believer in cast iron.
A review as soon as possible is a must, :p in my opinion, as I will shortly be in the market for a table saw myself. :lol: All reviews from the forum members are important to give the rest of us a real hands on feel of what a tool or product is like from a personal perspective. The more the merrier and this one in particular.

Best of luck with this professional looking piece of kit.

John

I'm very interested in your purchase, particularly if the mitre guide and slot are spot on? Fence comments would be welcome as well.
Hope you get many years of satisfaction .

Norman,
Ooops Sorry: How the heck did I miss your review. :oops: Didn't mean to tread on your toes :D . That's a very good idea you mention ref adding to your review.

DevonWoody.
The mitre guide and slot are very accurate, you can even use it as a clamp and use the pull saw. The Fence is a very substantial affair and slides beautifully. The best I've tried so far.

Johnjin
Thanks for the comments, I will post a review soon.

Waterhead 37.
I hoped no one would ask me that :D :D . seriously it took me the best part of a day and a bit. But it includes setting up. positioning etc. Those tables are damned heavy :D

Davel.
Thanks for your interest, review coming soon. :)

Best Regards
John

you can even use it as a clamp and use the pull saw

The pull saw is one of my favourite features of my Festo saw, makes it very quick and safe to cut housings, tenons, etc. I thought it were a gimmick when I bought it, but it is actually extremely useful - it also means the saw is effectively a compound mitre saw as well as a table saw.

Jake

Anonymous":29gqqvg0 said:
Norman,
Ooops Sorry: How the heck did I miss your review. :oops: Didn't mean to tread on your toes :D .
Don't worry, you didn't stand on my toes. I think the more people who provide reviews the better. It will give prospective buyers more information to go on from people who already own and use the equipment.

Hi Norman

Yeah well said. My sentiments exactly.
And while we are on the subject I would like to thank you for your review which I found very informative. Sorry I did not reply then and I don't really understand how I didn't. But what I can say is that, if this next review is as praise worthy of this machine as yours was, they will almost certainly be making another sale.

All the best

John

Back