Record Power Spindle 3/4 x 16 - I would like to get a bolt this size

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okeydokey

Established Member
Reaction score
I no longer have a RP lathe with this size spindle but have a collection of odd chucks and faceplates (and stuff) some will be RP, others unknown, I would like to get a bolt this size so I can test the items to find which are RP and are not.
Googling around there is a selection of thread types (or am I being daft?) - which is the correct description please as I might have to buy one online as around here it's all metric suppliers.
thanks

If you look for a 3/4" UNF bolt, that will do the trick. Plenty online, but an agricultural-type place might be a good starting place.

are you pretty sure its correct if I have to order one online

I am sure.

There are lots of online thread charts available. This is just one of many:

https://www.haguefasteners.co.uk/BoltingGuides/HagueFastenersGuideToScrewThreadSizes.pdf
Maybe the ones here will be more comprehensible as the Hague one is not so easy to navigate:

https://journeymans-workshop.uk/unified.php
For extra confidence, may I suggest you ask the question again in the metalworking part of this forum as other people there will have the knowledge to give you a second opinion.

Thanks folks
An update
Not too far away is an industrial estate and I found a used machinery business (serious heavy used machinery) and taking a known RP faceplate with me one of their team kindly spent some time with me and we found an old used something (I have no idea of its purpose) that had a male thread that fitted the face plate.
So now I have something portable to move around and test my odd lathe parts to see if they are 3/4" x 16.
BTW They had a thread gauge that happened to be for Amer Nat sizes, and it showed the thread to be 16AN which according to googling around is UNF in English :).

Back